- [U][C]宽度 distance or measurement from side to side
- [U]宽广的程度,范围 wide extent; range
- [U]宽容,宽宏大量 willingness to consider opinions, customs, etc. that are different from one's own
the capacity to understand a broad range of topics;
"a teacher must have a breadth of knowledge of the subject"
"a man distinguished by the largeness and scope of his views"
the extent of something from side to side
- The length of the table is twice its breadth.
- What is the breadth of this river?
- The river is 20 feet in breadth.
- His breadth of experience makes him ideal for the job.
- My wife is a woman of great breadth of mind.
- breadth, breathe
- 这两个词词形相近,但意思不同。breadth意为“宽度”“度量”或“广博”,是名词; breathe意为“呼吸”,是动词。