provide evidence for; stand as proof of; show by one's behavior, attitude, or external attributes;
"His high fever attested to his illness"
"The buildings in Rome manifest a high level of architectural sophistication"
"This decision demonstrates his sense of fairness"
authenticate, affirm to be true, genuine, or correct, as in an official capacity;
"I attest this signature"
give testimony in a court of law
establish or verify the usage of;
"This word is not attested until 1993"
- Several witnesses can attest to her good character.
- The child's good health attests to his mother's care.
- No one can attest to the absolute truth of his statement.
- I can attest to the truth of his words.
- I have said nothing that I am not ready to attest.
- Historic documents attest to the truth of this legend.
- attest to 证实
I will assert nothing here, but what I dare attest.出自： Swift
As if to attest the excellence of her nursing, he began quickly to recover.出自： L. A. G. Strong
An oath attesting him to be a member of the Church.出自： D. Cecil