- v. 辩护；恳求；提出借口；认罪
- vt. & vi. 辩护; 恳求 (of a lawyer) to represent a case of to a court of law; put forward as a plea; offer as an explanation or excuse; ask earnestly
appeal or request earnestly;
"I pleaded with him to stop"
offer as an excuse or plea;
"She was pleading insanity"
enter a plea, as in courts of law;
"She pleaded not guilty"
make an allegation in an action or other legal proceeding, especially answer the previous pleading of the other party by denying facts therein stated or by alleging new facts
- You should get a lawyer to plead for your case.
- I heard him plead in court only once.
- With that kind of man you will plead in vain.
- He would see her and plead his cause again in person.
- One should not plead inexperience in excuse of his mistake.
- He will plead in court.
- She wept and pleaded until he agreed to do as she wished.
- The girl pleads not guilty to the crime.
- The man pleaded guilty to cheating.
- He had a good lawyer to plead his case.
- The boy pleaded innocence and said he had not stolen the fruit.
- She pleaded ignorance of the law.
- The thief pleaded poverty.
- I'm sorry I didn't answer your letter— I can only plead forgetfulness.
- He pleaded that he was not guilty.
- He pleaded that his illness prevented him from coming to see her.
- His parents pleaded that he should be given one more chance.
- He pleaded that his mother allow him to go to the circus.
- Johnson pleaded his wife to change her mind.
- She pleaded her parents to let her go with them.
- plead against (v.+prep.)
在法庭上对…进行反驳 make a case in court against (the other party, what he〔she〕 says, a decision, etc.)
plead against sth
Are you ready to plead against the case offered by the defendant?
- plead for (v.+prep.)
在法庭上为…辩护 represent (sb) in court
- plead with (v.+prep.)
向…恳求 ask (sb) eagerly and seriously (for sth or to do sth)
plead with sb
Plead with him.
The boy pleaded with his mother not to leave him till he went to sleep.
The prisoner pleaded with the king to set him free.
He was pleading with me anxiously not to leave him behind.
O that one might plead for a man with God.出自：Bible (AV): Job
- plead的过去式和过去分词在英式英语中为pleaded; 而在苏格兰和美式英语中则为pled或plead。
- appeal 恳求；呼吁
- beg 恳求
- entreat 恳求
- beseech 恳求
- implore 恳求
- declare 宣布（声明）...
- allege 断言
- argue 说服
- assert 断言
- claim 要求
- state 情形
- put forward 提出
- support 支持
- defend 防守
- contend 竞争
- vindicate 证明无辜
- pray 祈祷
- petition 请愿书
- obtest 恳请
- proclaim 正式宣布
- request 请求
- attest 证明
- supplicate 恳求
- adjure 严令
- aver 极力声明
- ask 询问
- solicit 恳求
- demand 要求
- importune 强求
- debate 辩论
- conjure 变戏法
- urge 驱策
- testify 作证
- invoke 援引
- apply for 申请
- appeal to 对 ... 产生吸引力...
- to 对于
- for 为
- apply 应用