- [U]到达,到来 coming to a place
- [C]到达者,到达物 sth/sb that has come to a place
accomplishment of an objective
the act of arriving at a certain place;
"they awaited her arrival"
someone who arrives (or has arrived)
- I am impatient for his arrival.
- The secretary informed me of his arrival.
- Since her arrival at the company, she has re-organized several departments.
- Early arrivals get all the best parking spaces.
- The new arrival was a large healthy baby.
- His arrival brought complete silence to the room.
- They gave him a cordial welcome on his arrival.
- Bad weather delayed our arrival.
- We apologize for the late arrival of the aircraft.
- He was rushed to hospital but was dead on arrival.
- There were several new arrivals in the school.
- He was among the early arrivals in the meeting.
- He is a recent arrival in this city.
- They went out to welcome the new arrivals.
- The new arrival was a healthy baby boy.
- Arrivals continue to be abundant.
- delay the arrival 拖延…到达的时间
- expect the arrival 期待…的到来
- greet sb's arrival 迎接某人的到来
- time one's arrival 测定到达的时间
- on one's arrival 一到达就…
Our Time lies heavy on our Hands till the Arrival of a fresh mail.出自： Addison
She had been in the house since her arrival the day before yesterday.出自： G. Gissing
There was long debate, but no arrival at any agreement.出自：Oxford English Dictionary
The arrival of western civilization in the Balkans.出自： G. B. Shaw
She gave birth to Peter, and with the arrival of his son it seemed to Franklin that the old chapter of his life had finally closed.出自： A. C. Clarke
Your sister..may well be dead upon arrival at the hospital.出自： S. Hill
- arrival, advent
- 这两个词都有“到来; 出现”的意思。其区别是：
- advent往往指重要事件、时期或季节的出现或到来; 而arrival是一般用语,无特殊含义。