- v. [宗教]涂油使神圣化；用油擦；（被神或仿佛被神）选定
choose by or as if by divine intervention;
"She was anointed the head of the Christian fundamentalist group"
administer an oil or ointment to ; often in a religious ceremony of blessing
- The high priest anointed him king.
- The priest anointed the baby's forehead.
- Good words anoint us, and ill do unjoint us.
- anointing of the sick 临终涂油礼
Thou..shalt annoint them, and consecrate them..that they may minister vnto mee in the Priests office.出自：Bible (AV): Exodus
The salutary custom of bathing the limbs in water and of anointing them with oil.出自： Gibbon
The bird takes the oil..with its beak and anoints its feathers individually.出自： D. Attenborough