- [C]助手 a person who helps another person especially a politician, in their job
an officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer
someone who acts as assistant
- Miss Perkins is an aide to the vice president.
- Dick Cheney was a young aide at the time.
- He was supposed to act as the marshal's aide.
- Next morning when an aide woke him in frigid darkness, a blurry recollection made him shake his aching head.
- The president and his aides flew to Rome this evening.
- There we found General Washington and his aides.
- He works as an aide to the prime minister
- It cannot have been easy for a grown man to accept being carried about in the locked arms of aides.