- vt. 厌恶，憎恨 hate (something or somebody) very strongly
"I loathe that man"
"She abhors cats"
- They abhor all forms of racial discrimination.
- Most people abhor cruelyt to children.
- I abhor every commonplace phrase by which wit is intended.
- I will put my dwelling place among you, and I will not abhor you.
- Most people abhor cruelty to children.
- Spitting in the street is a practice that I abhor.
My soul abhors to stay.出自： Pope
To abhor evil is to have it in moral detestation.出自： R. C. Trench
- can't bear
- can't stand
- feel hostility towards
- find intolerable
- recoil from