characteristic of or devoted to the temporal world as opposed to the spiritual world;
"worldly goods and advancement"
"temporal possessions of the church"
very sophisticated especially because of surfeit; versed in the ways of the world;
"the blase traveler refers to the ocean he has crossed as `the pond'"
"the benefits of his worldly wisdom"
- When dead, we lose all our worldly possessions.
- His all worldly possessions amounted to little more than the clothes he stood up in.
- It simply means to stop doing any worldly work!
- We will never break away from the worldly shackles.
- He is not a man with worldly wisdom.
Thou..seem'st otherwise inclin'd Then to a worldly Crown.出自： Milton
All my worldly goods..in a battered suitcase.出自：Sunday Express
- earthly 地球的
- aristocratic 贵族的
- fleshly 肉体的
- outward 向外的
- cosmopolitan 世界性的
- learned 有学问的
- experienced 有经验的
- sophisticated 老练的
- mature 成熟的
- knowing 会意的
- secular 世俗的
- temporal 现世的
- blase 对享乐感到厌倦的...