- 分布广的; 普遍的,广泛的 existing, happening or found in many places
widely circulated or diffused;
"a widespread doctrine"
"widespread fear of nuclear war"
distributed over a considerable extent;
"far-flung trading operations"
"the West's far-flung mountain ranges"
"widespread nuclear fallout"
- The high cost prohibits the widespread use of the drug.
- Widespread flooding is affecting large areas of Devon.
- The Government acted quickly to relieve the widespread distress caused by the earthquake.
- The new laws gained widespread acceptance.
- English is more widespread and more used in international intercourse than German.
- The news of the radiation leak caused widespread public alarm.
- English is a widespread language.
- There is a widespread dissatisfaction among the students with the food on campus.
- As both a religion and a social force, puritanism has had a widespread influence in the United States.
- This disease is widespread in tropical areas.