- adj. 坏的；邪恶的；缺德的
- adv. 极端地；非常地
- vt. 吸收
- 邪恶的， 恶劣的，恶意的
- 邪恶的,恶劣的; 缺德的 very bad; evil
- 淘气的,顽皮的 like a child behaving badly
- 不愉快的; 狂暴的 causing discomfort, distress, or disappointment
morally bad in principle or practice
having committed unrighteous acts;
"a sinful person"
intensely or extremely bad or unpleasant in degree or quality;
"a severe case of flu"
"a terrible cough"
"under wicked fire from the enemy's guns"
"a wicked cough"
naughtily or annoyingly playful;
"teasing and worrying with impish laughter"
"a wicked prank"
highly offensive; arousing aversion or disgust;
"a disgusting smell"
"a loathsome disease"
"the idea of eating meat is repellent to me"
"a wicked stench"
- He had a wicked glint in his eyes.
- This wicked fellow needs to be locked up.
- The wicked fairy bewitched the prince and turned him into a frog.
- It's a wicked waste of money.
- She got them to hand over all their money by a wicked deceit.
- The rejection was a wicked blow to her pride.
- Cotton textiles can wick away perspiration.
- It was a wicked accident.
- What wicked weather!
- He likes riding a wicked horse.
- Wicked children are quite annoying.
- You are being wicked again.
- That was wicked of him.
- It is wicked to make other people suffer.
- It was wicked of you to torment the poor girl.
The boy might have wicked thoughts, like wanting his father to die.出自： Dennis Potter
Children were..terrified by Snow White's wicked stepmother.出自： R. Mayer
Buildings towards which the wicked developer is driving his bulldozer.出自：Heritage Outlook
She thought lesbianism was unnatural and wicked.出自： A. Lambert
- wicked, bad, evil, ill
- 1.从所指范围上说, ill和bad范围最广,从稍有不利、不良到邪恶均可使用, evil和wicked指“邪恶”,程度较重。
- 2.从语气上说,从弱到强依次为bad, ill, evil , wicked。
- 3.evil多用于道德方面, wicked谴责意味最强。例如:
- That woman has an evil tongue.那女人有一张惯于恶语中伤的嘴。
- It's a wicked waste of money.这样浪费金钱简直是罪恶。
- 4.ill还可作“有病的,不健康的”解, bad还可作“不幸的,太可惜的”解。例如:
- Too bad you couldn't come last night.真可惜,你昨晚没能来。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的wicca，意为巫师。