a wave that is blown by the wind so its crest is broken and appears white
- The wind swept the lake into whitecaps.
- Larger waves, more spray, whitecaps seen everywhere.
- As the sun sank in the late afternoon, a brisk wind from the ocean whipped up whitecaps.
- In the strait, the sea was disturbed whitecaps surging and fierce winds howling across the surface of the sea.
- Whitebait whitecaps over the water, and bringing a better life under the willow trees.
- Six bottlenose dolphins were leaping in and out of the water, stirring up whitecaps.