- [U] 财产,财富 (possession of a) large amount of money, property, etc.; riches
- [S] 大量,众多,丰富 large amount or number of sth; abundance of sth
- the state of being rich and affluent; having a plentiful supply of material goods and money;
"great wealth is not a sign of great intelligence"
- the quality of profuse abundance;
"she has a wealth of talent"
- an abundance of material possessions and resources
- property that has economic utility: a monetary value or an exchange value
- Health is better than wealth.
- He's always flaunting his wealth.
- She is responsible for the character part of the hero's devoted mother.
- He has gambled away all his wealth.
- She is not to be compared with you in wealth.
- There's a wealth of books in the library.
- Jim has a whole wealth of teaching experience.
- His boss has a wealth of knowledge about international trade.
- She married a man of untold wealth.
Nobody knew how she had acquired her wealth.
Wealth had not brought them happiness.
His wealth gives him a great pull.
The country's wealth is based on trade.
He was charged with using his position to accumulate wealth.
He is a man of great wealth.
The family always lived in great wealth.
- a wealth of
大量的,丰富的 large amount of sth
A wealth of examples are given. 举了大量的例子。
There's a wealth of oil in this well. 这口井储油丰富。
She has a wealth of knowledge about China. 她对中国很了解。
- 大量的,丰富的 large amount of sth
- accumulate wealth 积聚财富
- achieve wealth 发财
- acquire wealth 获得财富
- add to wealth 增加财富
- amass wealth 积聚财富
- attain wealth 获得财富
- court wealth 追求财富
- dissipate wealth 挥霍钱财
- enjoy wealth 享有财富
- exhaust wealth 耗尽财富
- gain wealth 获得财富
- gauge sb's wealth 估计某人的财富
- govern wealth 理财
- obtain wealth 获得财富
- possess wealth 拥有财富
- seek after wealth 追求财富
- colossal wealth 巨大的财富
- enormous wealth 巨大的财富
- fabulous wealth 巨额财富
- hereditary wealth 世袭财产
- immense wealth 巨大的财富
- inherited wealth 继承的财产
- mineral wealth 矿物资源
- natural wealth 自然资源
- vast wealth 巨大的财富
There was no display of wealth; that came later..when I saw the crown jewels.出自：E. Heath
I summoned Parkson...How easily..we acquire the habits of wealth.出自：J. Aiken
- wealth作“大量,众多,丰富”解时,一般用单数形式,常用于a wealth of短语中,既可用来指“数”,也可用来指“量”。
- wealth, means, resources, riches
resources既可指自然资源方面的富有,也可指在精神财富方面的富有; means和riches多指物质方面的富有,前者尤指货币和不动产,后者尤指财富; 不管是物质的或非物质的东西,只要是有价值的、可以累积的都可用wealth表示。
- wealth assets estate goods property resources
误 He gave me a book with wealth of pictures.
正 He gave me a book with a wealth of pictures.
析 wealth表示“大量”时,常用于短语a wealth of中,不定冠词a不可省略。
- ☆ 13世纪中期进英入语，直接源自中古英语的wele，意为富有。
- wealth:wealth n. 财富, 财产, 大量Google提供的广告习惯用语Ill-gotten wealth never thrives. [谚]不义之财发不了家。roll[wallow] in weal…