- 邪恶，罪恶； 堕落
- <英>= vise
- [U] [C] 不道德行为; 堕落 evil behavior or living
- [C] 缺陷; 弱点 badness of character
- [C] 恶习 a bad habit
a specific form of evildoing;
"vice offends the moral standards of the community"
- He who thinks too much of his virtues reminds others of his vice.
- The vice of drinking is increasing.
- Virtue and vice are two different things: the former leads to peace, the latter to misery.
- There is a lot of vices in big cities.
- He reported on the whole event to the vice premier.
- John was appointed postmaster vice Richard retired.
- She is vice-chair of the education committee.
- He is the vice-president in charge of sales.
- The vice is bolted to the work-bench.
- The convulsive pressure of her slight hand held her companion as firmly as an iron vice could have held her.
- Ingratitude is a despicable vice.
- Lying and cruelty are vice.
- Smoking is a harmful vice.
- harmful vice 有害的恶习
Vice cannot fix, and virtue cannot change..For vice must have variety.出自： Byron
We pay for vice by the knowledge that we are wicked.出自： C. Connolly
Support the wood end-up in the jaws of a vice.出自：Practical Woodworking
He was gardener and out-door man, vice Upton, resigned.出自： Thackeray
Thinking of the many Chancellors and Vices, and Masters of the Rolls, who are deceased.出自： Dickens
- fault 缺点
- sin 原罪
- weakness 软弱
- failing 失败
- foible 小缺点
- shortcoming 缺点
- wrongdoing 坏事
- malpractice 失职
- crime 犯罪
- depravity 堕落
- evil 邪恶的
- iniquity 邪恶
- immorality 不道德
- wickedness 邪恶
- corruption 贪污
- badness 坏
- defect 缺点
- flaw 瑕疵
- imperfection 不完美
- bad habit 坏习惯
- frailty 脆弱