- [U] 复仇，报仇 punishment in return for a wrong;revenge
the act of taking revenge (harming someone in retaliation for something harmful that they have done) especially in the next life;
"Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord"
"For vengeance I would do nothing. This nation is too great to look for mere revenge"
"he swore vengeance on the man who betrayed him"
"the swiftness of divine retribution"
- But the vengeance of Juno was not yet satiated.
- He is seeking vengeance upon his boss.
- She denounced vengeance against him.
- These villagers invoked vengeance on their enemies.
- He swore vengeance against the men who murdered his father.
If you Should have ta'en vengeance on my faults, I never Had liv'd.出自：Cymbeline , Shakespeare
They swore vengeance and began to prepare for war.出自： K. Crossley