- [U][C]报复(行为） (an act of) punishing others for harm done to oneself
a retaliatory action against an enemy in wartime
- They made reprisal for what they suffered.
- In those days, objections would only invite reprisals.
- Civilian targets were bombed in reprisal .
- The assassination was in reprisal for invasion.
- They took bloody reprisals against the leaders.
- economic reprisal 经济报复
Shooting up..villages as reprisals for ambushes.出自： P. H. Gibbs
Burnt in reprisal for the conduct of American militiamen.出自： W. S. Churchill