- v. 施行虐政；压制；欺压
rule a country as a tyrant
rule or exercise power over (somebody) in a cruel and autocratic manner;
"her husband and mother-in-law tyrannize her"
- The strong should not tyrannize the weak.
- When most unseen, then most doth tyrannize.
- He often misuses his authority to tyrannize his underlings.
- For ages they have used their power to tyrannize over the peasants and trample them underfoot;that is why the peasants have reacted so strongly.
- We do not regard a planet as having emerged from barbarism so long as one sex seeks to tyrannize over the other.
- Can you explain this phrase?Can one tryrannize over oneself?Can one tyrannize over nature?
Fascism tyrannizes through contempt of man.出自： G. Steiner
Capricious, card-playing old women who tyrannize over..young men.出自： C. Peters