- [C][U]实验,试验 trial made in order to learn sth or prove the truth of an idea
- vi. 做试验; 试验 make experiments; try to find out
- the act of conducting a controlled test or investigation
- the testing of an idea;
"it was an experiment in living"
"not all experimentation is done in laboratories"
- a venture at something new or different;
"as an experiment he decided to grow a beard"
- to conduct a test or investigation;
"We are experimenting with the new drug in order to fight this disease"
- try something new, as in order to gain experience;
"Students experiment sexually"
"The composer experimented with a new style"
- The researchers are repeating the experiment on rats.
- The students will have an experiment in the laboratory tomorrow.
- With Multiple Level Undo you can safely experiment with various what-if scenarios.
- Small businesses are anxious to experiment with computers.
- Is he any good at gardening? We might experiment with him.
- Some scientists experiment on animals.
- Don't experiment with such dangerous drugs.
An experiment was carried out to check up on the reliability of certain criteria.
He argued that the experiment could be done in another way.
Some experiments are difficult while others are easy.
His experiments have laid a solid basis for further research.
We have just tried an experiment in chemistry.
We have never doubted the success of our experiment.
His opportunities for experiment were naturally limited in these months.
We have never shown our disappointment at the failure in the experiment.
Fred was employed by way of experiment.
They began a series of experiments in high explosives.
If you want to gain knowledge, you must take advantage of the experiment.
The results of the experiment were not interesting enough to be published.
The doctor made an experiment on himself.
Both students have made a good few experiments on electricity.
He had his experiment report all written out neatly.
My wife experiments on me before she serves a new dish to our guests.
- by experiment
用实验; 从试验中 with experiment; from experiment
We decided the question by experiment. 我们用实验解决了那个问题。
Scientists test out theories by experiment. 科学家用实验来检验理论。
Some people learn by experiment and others by experience. 有些人是从试验中学习,而其他人是从经验中学习。
- 用实验; 从试验中 with experiment; from experiment
- carry out the experiment
进行试验 do an experiment
I was chosen to carry out the experiment. 选我去做这个实验。
If you insist on carrying out this mad experiment,I won't answer for the consequences. 如果你坚持要做这种荒唐的试验,后果我概不负责。
- 进行试验 do an experiment
- do〔make〕 an experiment
做实验 make experiment
We should like to do another experiment. 我们倒是很想再做一个实验。
They all made a quantity of experiments on electricity yesterday. 他们昨天都做了一些电学实验。
In making scientific experiments, one should not be cast down by temporary setbacks. 进行科学实验时,不应因为暂时的挫折就垂头丧气。
- 做实验 make experiment
- perform an experiment
允诺去做一次实验 promise to do an experiment
Only after they had performed hundreds of experiments did they succeed in solving the problem. 只是在做了几百次实验之后,他们才把这一问题解决了。
- 允诺去做一次实验 promise to do an experiment
- experiment in (v.+prep.)
做…的实验 make an experiment of sth as its subject experiment in v-ing
He experimented in painting at home.他在家中试着作画。
We experimented in putting oil and water together, and we saw that they did not mix.我们把油和水放在一起做实验,结果看到它们不相融合。
- 做…的实验 make an experiment of sth as its subject experiment in v-ing
- experiment on〔upon〕 (v.+prep.)
在…上做实验 make an experiment with sth as its subject experiment on〔upon〕 sb/sth
Why are you experimenting upon the students in this particular class?你为什么单单要拿这个班的学生做试验呢?
Many people disapprove of scientists who experiment on animals.许多人不赞成科学家在动物身上做试验。
- 在…上做实验 make an experiment with sth as its subject experiment on〔upon〕 sb/sth
- experiment with (v.+prep.)
以…做试验 make an experiment with sth as its means experiment with sb/sth
Is he any good at gardening?We might experiment with him.他擅长园艺吗?我们可以试试他。
Scientists experiment with rats in order to discover facts about human behaviour.科学家为了发现有关人的行为情况用老鼠进行实验。
She is experimenting with different typewriters to see which one suits her best.她正在试用各种不同的打字机,看哪一种最适合。
That man is experimenting with dyes to get the colour he wants.那个人正试验各种染料以获得他想要的颜色。
She experimented with different kinds of face-cream before she found one she liked.在她挑选出她所喜欢的面霜之前,她试用过多种。
- 以…做试验 make an experiment with sth as its means experiment with sb/sth
- attempt the experiment of 试图对…进行试验,对…进行尝试
- begin an experiment 开始实验〔试验〕
- call off the experiment 取消实验
- carry out an experiment 进行实验,做实验
- conduct an experiment 指导实验
- design an experiment 设计试验
- perform an experiment 进行一次实验
- try an experiment 做实验
- biological experiment 生物实验
- careful experiment 仔细的实验
- chemical experiment 化学实验
- curious experiment 好奇的实验
- dangerous experiment 危险的实验
- difficult experiment 难做的实验
- easy experiment 容易的实验
- interesting experiment 有趣的实验
- new experiment 新的试验
- practical experiment 实际试验
- scientific experiment 科学实验
- valuable experiment 有价值的实验〔试验〕
- various experiments 各种试验〔实验〕
He..visited other labs to see which new experiments had been done.出自：J. D. Watson
He had..experimented their theories in his laboratory.出自：S. Leslie
- experiment后接介词in, on〔upon〕,意指“做…方面的实验”,只是当on后面的宾语是“人”或“动物”时,才指“在…身上做实验”。有时也可用介词with,指“以…做试验”。
- experiment后接介词in表示“做…方面的实验”; 后接介词on〔upon〕表示“在…身上做实验”; 后接介词with表示“以…做试验”。
- experiment, test
两者均可表示“试验”。其区别在于:experiment指发现未知事物或为认识某事物而进行的试验; test则指按规定的标准,在可控的条件下,对事物进行彻底地检验。例如:He spend much of the time at his disposal on experiments for technical innovations.他把自己能支配的时间都花在搞技术革新上了。Tests were carried out on new planes.对这种新飞机进行了数次试验。
- experiment on plants 做植物试验
- experiment with plants 用植物做试验
- experiment, experience, suffer, sustain, undergo
这组词的共同意思是“经历”。其区别是：1.experience指人们“经历”过的事情,即生活中所遇到的事情或通过学习、实践取得经验的过程; experiment指科学家进行的试验或为了检验某种效果而进行的任何活动; suffer指体验到伤害和困苦; sustain指遭受苦难,但不一定有勇气或坚忍精神; undergo强调被迫经受不愉快的事或苦难,也可指经历时间。例如:The Chinese people have experienced untold sufferings under imperialist oppression.在帝国主义的压迫下,中国人民遭受了无数的苦难。They experimented on electricity.他们做电学实验。He seemed to have suffered a great deal.他好像受了很多苦。He has sustained a great loss by the death of his father.父亲死了,他遭受了巨大损失。He undergoes hardships.他备尝艰难。2.experience通常与动词have连用,而experiment通常与动词do连用。
误 Experiment is carried out daily in the laboratory.
正 Experiments are carried out daily in the laboratory.
析 表示具体的“实验”时, experiment通常用复数,不用单数。
误 He made several discoveries when he experimented a monkey recently.
正 He made several discoveries when he experimented on a monkey recently.
- ☆ 14世纪中期入进英语，直接源自古法语的experiment；最初源自古典拉丁语的experimentum，意为测试，尝试。
- n.(名词) test
- experiment:experiment n. 实验, 试验vi. 进行实验, 做试验 英英解释:名词experiment:1. the act of conducting a controlled test or in…