- 也,还 also; in addition; as well
- 太,过于 more than enough; a higher degree than sth is necessary, right, or good
- 很,非常 very
- to a degree exceeding normal or proper limits;
- in addition;
"he has a Mercedes, too"
- I will go, provided that you go too.
- It's too early for getting up.
- She broke her leg last week-and on her birthday too!
- I know too well that I get on her tits.
They are coming tomorrow and I hope you will come too.
Here, too, the colon must be followed by a dash.
I was wrong(,) too.
He is a philosopher and a poet too.
Too,the reader will find in this book many interesting illustrations.
You are too young to join the army.
The flu victim was too weak to walk.
The shelf is too weak to hold all those books.
The walls are too weak to hold up the roof.
He is too ready to help others.
Beginners are too apt to make mistakes in grammar.
Rosie is all too satisfied to defeat the defending champion.
I shall be only too pleased to get home.
She is not too young to marry.
It is never too late to mend.
He is too careful not to have noticed it.
He was too eager to meet his friend to sit out the meeting.
I don't like her because she is too tall and furthermore she smokes too much.
I bent back too far and hurt my neck.
Don't make the coffee too weak.
It wasn't too long before we had worked out a plan acceptable to all.
She is rather too sure of herself.
It's far〔much〕 too cold.
He is too kind a person to refuse.
We are too happy.
Your father's not too pleased with you about this affair.
It was too bad that he failed.
How too terrible!
How too delightful your expeditions must have been!
I had flu last week.And I was on holiday too!
I've lost an earring.It was an expensive one too.
It is too,too apparent.
- be too much for
在技巧力量等方面超过他人; 非某人能力所及 (require one to) be superior in skill, strength, etc. to sb else
A cycling holiday would be too much for an unfit person like me. 像我这种身体,骑自行车度假力不从心。
忍无可忍 be more than can be tolerated
All that giggling and whispering was too much for me—I had to leave the room. 我受不了那些咯咯的笑声和交头接耳的样子——只好离开了那间房子。
- 在技巧力量等方面超过他人; 非某人能力所及 (require one to) be superior in skill, strength, etc. to sb else
- none too
一点也不 not at all
He is none too smart. 他一点也不精明。
We arrived at the railway station none too soon. 等我们到达车站,时间很不早了。
- 一点也不 not at all
- once too often
次数太多 many times
You've let me down once too often and I shall not trust you. 你已让我失望多次,我再也不信任你了。
- 次数太多 many times
You'd hate it too if you were me.出自：J. Betjeman
I too saw what he saw.出自：M. Amis
- too也可作“太”“过于”“过分”解,修饰形容词或副词,与动词不定式连用时构成too...to结构,以肯定形式表示否定意义,译作“太…以至不能”。但在下面的情况中too...to结构不表示否定意义:①如果too后的形容词是anxious,apt,easy,eager,kind,glad,ready,willing,delighted等, too相当于very, extremely, particularly(很,大,非常),动词不定式不与too呼应而是修饰形容词,因而表示肯定意义; ②too前有only,but,all等词时,便没有否定的意思; ③too前如有not, never的too...to结构不表示否定意义, not, never否定谓语动词,构成双重否定,因而表示肯定意义,作“并不(太)…所以能…”解; ④如不定式前有not时too...not to结构也不表示否定意义,是双重否定表示肯定意义,作“太…(很、非常)…不会〔能〕不…”解; ⑤如果该结构中有两个动词不定式,那么前一个用来修饰形容词,表示肯定意义,后一个用来修饰副词too,表示结果,表否定意义。
- too不能用very修饰,但可以用a little, a bit, rather, a lot, much 或 far 等来修饰。
- too可用于“too＋ adj. ＋a／an＋ n ”句型中。
- much too, too much
这两个短语构成相同,顺序不同,其意思和用法的区别是:much too之后跟形容词、副词,用来加强语气; too much中的中心词是much, too在任何情况下都修饰much,之后可跟不可数名词,可单独使用,也可接of短语或代词,还可放在句尾修饰动词。例如:The trams are much too slow.电车太慢。There is too much noise here.这里的噪音太厉害。We're having too much wet weather.我们这里下雨的日子太多。We have already taken up too much of your valuable time.我们占用了你许多的宝贵时间。The room is big, too much so for a child.这个房间对一个小孩来说太大了。He talked too much.他讲得太多了。
- too, also, as well, besides, either, moreover
这组词(组)都有“也,此外,还有”的意思。其区别是：also一般用于肯定句,有强调意味,位于主谓语之间,即实义动词之前,助动词之后; too只用于肯定句中,一般位于句末,比also更口语化; either一般只用于否定句,多位于句末; as well和too一样多用于口语,放在句末; besides与moreover词义基本相同,但moreover后面所叙述的,通常比前面所叙述更为重要或更深入一步,在词序方面, moreover往往用于句首,另外, moreover是较为正式的用语。例如:He also asked to go.他也要去。I can also do it.我也能干那个活。English is not easy, and French is not easy either.英语不容易,法语也不容易。He is a teacher, and a writer as well.他是个教师,也是个作家。I don't like those shoes; besides, they're too expensive.那双鞋我不喜欢,而且也太贵。I don't like skating; moreover, the ice is too thin.我不想去溜冰,再说冰层也太薄。The Opposition have consistently accused the Government of corruption.Moreover, they have named names.反对党一直在指责政府腐败,而且是指名道姓的。
- I have seen this film, too.
- I, too, have seen this film.
- also too as well either likewise
误 This box is too heavy to lift it.
正 This box is too heavy to be lifted.
误 Will this be too heavy for you to carry it?
正 Will this be too heavy for you to carry?
误 The child is too young not to go to school.
正 The child is too young to go to school.
误 It is too hot not to sleep.
正 It is too hot to sleep.
误 You are too much kind to me.
正 You are much too kind to me.
误 The trams are too much slow.
正 The trams are much too slow.
析 用于加强语气时须用much too,其后跟形容词或副词。
误 I don't like coffee, and I don't much like tea, too.
正 I don't like coffee, and I don't much like tea, either.
误 I haven't seen this film, too.
正 I haven't seen this film, either.
误 It rained too heavily that they could not go home.
正 It rained so heavily that they could not go home.
析 在“too+形容词〔副词〕”后面不能与that从句连用。如用that从句, too就必须改成so。
误 He is too kind person to refuse.
正 He is too kind a person to refuse.
误 The soup's very too salty for me.
正 The soup's far too salty for me.
误 The rope is quite too short.
正 The rope is a little too short.
析 too不能与very, quite, fairly, pretty等副词连用,表示too的程度; 可以使用much, far, a little, a lot等来修饰too。
误 He is young enough to dress himself.
正 He is too young to dress himself.
析 enough和too后都可以接不定式作结果状语,但意思不同。too...to...意为“太…以至于不…”,含有否定意义; ... enough to 意为“足以…干…”。
- ☆ 直接源自古英t语的o，意为太。
- too:too adv. 也, 太过份Google提供的广告习惯用语all too 实在太[很]all too soon 太快but too true 不幸(是事实)cannot ...too... 怎么..…