- 也， 亦，又
- 而且；此外；也；同样 in addition;as well;besides;too
- 也，也是 moreover;furthermore
"he has a Mercedes, too"
- We should also take account of difficulties.
- London was also called the modern Babylon.
- This book is not only interesting but also good.
- Tom has been to Japan, I have also been there.
- Problems also exist in agriculture.
- My friend also speaks English.
- She's fluent in French and German.She also speaks a little Italian.
- Khaled is a keen photographer who also loves to draw and paint.
- She's a photographer and also writes books.
- I also added a number of new experiments.
- He also worked hard to cut spending and achieve a balanced budget.
- Jeremy is now at Dartmouth College, where his father also studied.
- He directed the movie and also acted in it.
- And he led a group of progressive Democrats who also disagreed with the party leaders.
- He can also speak Chinese.
- TV can also add to their store of knowledge.
- Boys of average intelligence can also pass the examination quite easily.
- You can't have your cake and also eat it.
- You may also buy yourself a new bike.
- He is studying German but he is also studying French.
- The rally was also addressed by several students.
- Research is also advanced by frequent conferences to exchange experience.
- I have also got one like that.
- You'll have to get a passport, and you'll also need a visa.
- I'm cold, and I'm also hungry and tired.
- The weather was cold; it's also wet.
- The fruit crops are also good this year.
- Kunta wondered why these blacks were not also singing.
- He was mean, also ugly.
- The electric drill can also be used as a screwdriver.
- There will also be an exhibition of paintings.
- Tom has been to Japan,and Harry has also been to Japan.
- We visited the museum and also the park.
- Also at the meeting were many foreign guests.
- Also to my relief did the soldiers come.
- Also I think he's a fool.
- Tuesday, the boys had the ill luck.Also Wednesday.
- Also Tuesday, a powerful explosion in front of Teheran's central railway station killed three persons.
- I cannot risk a repetition of the shaming exhibition I gave last night.Also I cannot tolerate the idea of music going on without my being there.
- She likes chips.Also, she likes tomatoes.
- The offer was complimentary.Also, it had its temptations.
- The guest tried to stand the egg on end, but in vain.Also，no other guest could make the egg stand on end.
- I can do that also.
- Can't you let him also go to that city with you?
- Can't I also go to the summer resort?
- She was, in essence, what she had always been.And he, wasn't he also what he had always been?
- Do you not also see it in my face—the love that makes me happy?
- not only...but also
So also none of you can be a disciple of mine without parting with all his possessions.出自：New English Bible: Luke
- also主要用于肯定句和疑问句。在书面语中,also偶可用在no,nothing或其他带有否定意义的词之前，而在否定词之后则不能用also,而要用either(但not also可用于反诘疑问句或修辞疑问句，偶尔也用于陈述句)。
- also多位于实义动词之前，非实义动词或第一个非实义动词之后,有时可放在整个谓语动词之前,间或用于句末。偶尔为了加强语气, also还可放在句首。also在句中位置不同常会影响句子的意思。
- not only...but also结构连接两个并列的成分或句子，意思是“不但…而且”。本结构中的谓语动词的数通常根据邻近原则,与最靠近的一个主语保持一致。本结构连接两个并列的句子时not only须位于句首，句子的主语和谓语须采用倒装语序。
- 同either的用法比较：可以说He did not come, and she also did not come.不可说He did not come, and she did not come also.(句中also要改成either）；
I study English, also Russian.
Not only the children but (also) their father is in town.
比较also，as well和too：三者意思相近，但在句中的位置不一样，如also通常跟在动词后，处“中间”位置，而as well和too则常用在句尾。在祈使句和短句中，多用as well和too，而不常用also。和
Give me some bread as well, please.
'I've got a headache.' '! have too.'
It's a nice house, but it's very small.
Also, it needs a lot of repairs.
- also, as well, besides, either, moreover, too
- also一般用于肯定句,有强调意味,位于主谓语之间,即实义动词之前,助动词之后; too只用于肯定句中,一般位于句末,比also更口语化; either一般只用于否定句,多位于句末; as well和too一样多用于口语,放在句末; besides与moreover词义基本相同,但moreover后面所叙述的,通常比前面所叙述更为重要或更深入一步,在词序方面, moreover往往用于句首,另外, moreover是较为正式的用语。例如:
- He also asked to go.他也要去。
- I can also do it.我也能干那个活。
- English is not easy, and French is not easy either.英语不容易,法语也不容易。
- He is a teacher, and a writer as well.他是个教师,也是个作家。
- I don't like those shoes; besides, they're too expensive.那双鞋我不喜欢,而且也太贵。
- I don't like skating; moreover, the ice is too thin.我不想去溜冰,再说冰层也太薄。
- The Opposition have consistently accused the Government of corruption.Moreover, they have named names.反对党一直在指责政府腐败,而且是指名道姓的。
- not only...but also,as well as
- 1.从用法上说：as well as可用于否定句；而not only...but also不可。
- 2.从一致上说：连接并列主语时，谓语动词的数须与but also后面的名词或代词一致，而与as well as前面的名词或代词一致。
- 3.从翻译上说：not only...but also按词序排列翻译，强调but also后面的成分；而as well as则先译as well as后面的成分，强调其前面的成分。
- Also she phoned me today.
- She also phoned me today.
- She phoned also me today.
- She phoned me also today.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的eallswa，意为的确如此。