- (在提及性别不详的人时，用以代替 him 或 her)他的，她的
- 他〔她,它〕们的 of or belonging to them
- They washed their faces.
- Children depend on their parents for food and clothing.
- Young mothers are gushing over their babies.
- We have no idea how the birds find their way.
- Take a note of their names and addresses.
- Has anyone bought their ticket?
- Their coming to help was a great encouragement to us.
- The Pollaks had no children of their own.
- Coming events cast their shadows before. 无风不起浪。...
- catch 赶上
- their name is legion 大量
- catch the Whigs bathing and walk away with their clothes 开始执行其他政党的政...
- take their course 走完应走的历程...
- stars in their courses 沿着轨道运行的星辰,...
- What's their name? 名叫什么的?...
- run their course 自然地发展
- in their midst 有他们中间
- knock their heads together 拿着两人的头撞(用武...
The fishermen..shifted their oars.出自： J. Steinbeck
Two girls in their twenties had been engaged.出自： E. Bowen
Imagine their objecting to us having champagne for breakfast.出自： Scott Fitzgerald
There was no question of their seeing Elizabeth.出自： I. Murdoch
Let the children find their own way.出自： G. Vidal
- their是复数第三人称的所有格形式,是复数形容词性物主代词,在句中只可用作定语,其后常接复数名词。有时为了避免显示性别, their还可代替his, her用作anybody, anyone, everyone等词的物主代词,此时其后可接单数名词。有时their还可用作动名词的逻辑主语。
- ☆ 直接源自古斯堪的那维亚语的thierra，意为他们的。