- The speaker closed (the meeting) with a word of thanks to the chairman.
- Thanks to agile footwork he always managed to escape his pursuers.
- She gave the customary speech of thanks to the chairman.
- It's no thanks to you (that) we arrived on time your short cuts weren't short cuts at all!
- I am feeling better now, no thanks to you.
- Thanks to the bad weather, the match had been cancelled.
- Thanks to his effort, it is more successful than we have expected.
- Thanks to your timely intervention.
- due to，owing to，because of，thanks to
- due to用于较庄重的书面语中，侧重“起因于”，在句中多作表语，有时作状语。
- owing to可以和due to换用，但在句中多作状语，也可作表语。
- because of着重某个结果的原因，在句中通常作状语。
- thanks to突出一种感激之情，含“多亏”意味。