a spontaneous loss of consciousness caused by insufficient blood to the brain
pass out from weakness, physical or emotional distress due to a loss of blood supply to the brain
- The young man looked at her as if he expected that she would weep or swoon.
- All the girls are swooning over the new maths teacher.
- The young girls swooned when they saw their favorite pop singer.
- Her fright and concern sunk her down in a deep swoon.
- Did you fall into a swoon after that?
- Near to me lay Leo, still lost in a swoon.
The snowy crags of the Alps almost made her swoon with fright.出自： M. Forster
All the landscape seems to swoon In the happy afternoon.出自： fig.