a suspension of radio or tv broadcasting
darkness resulting from the extinction of lights (as in a city invisible to enemy aircraft)
the failure of electric power for a general region
a momentary loss of consciousness
partial or total loss of memory;
"he has a total blackout for events of the evening"
- The streets were very dark during the blackout.
- The streets were not lighted at night during the blackout.
- He had had a blackout after the accident.
- He has a total blackout for events of the evening.
- The government have been accused of maintaining a news blackout over election fraud.