- vt. & vi. 游泳 move through the water by moving the limbs, fins, tail, etc.
- [S] 游泳 an act or occasion of swimming
- the act of swimming;
"it was the swimming they enjoyed most"
"they took a short swim in the pool"
- travel through water;
"We had to swim for 20 minutes to reach the shore"
"a big fish was swimming in the tank"
- be afloat either on or below a liquid surface and not sink to the bottom
- be dizzy or giddy;
"my brain is swimming after the bottle of champagne"
- be covered with or submerged in a liquid;
"the meat was swimming in a fatty gravy"
- move as if gliding through water;
"this snake swims through the soil where it lives"
- She's teaching the children to swim.
- I used to swim all the year round.
- I like to swim, but I'm not a very good swimmer.
- He went down to the beach for a swim.
- On a hot day, a cool swim is a joy.
- After her swim she dried herself with a towel.
He can swim well.
Let's go swimming.
I learnt to swim when I was a boy.
When he was five, he was taught how to swim.
They managed to swim ashore.
All fish swim.
Some snakes can swim.
He can't swim!I can't, either!
He can nearly swim.
It is well known that oil swims on water.
White clouds swam in the blue sky.
He swam a mile yesterday.
I can swim a mile.
He swam the river easily.
Can you swim the river?
He'll swim me 1000 metres.
I'd like to take you for a swim.
We used to take a swim in the pond on summer afternoons.
I'll have a swim this afternoon.
I only had a swim two times last year.
I still feel difficult to breathe while having a swim.
Some people like to strip themselves naked while they have a swim in a secluded place.
She had a long swim every morning.
Did you enjoy your swim?
- swim about (v.+adv.)
- 随意在水中游 move the arms and legs so as to keep floating or advance in water, without any particular directionThe children were swimming about in the pool.孩子们在池中游来游去。
- 漂浮 float in liquidWhat's this strange object swimming about in my soup?我的汤里漂着的是什么怪东西?
- swim across (v.+prep.)
(使)游过,滑过 (cause to) float across swim across sth
A cloud swam slowly across the moon.浮云慢慢地掠过月亮。swim sth across sth
He swam his horse across the river.他使自己的马游过那条河。
- (使)游过,滑过 (cause to) float across swim across sth
- swim before (v.+prep.)
在…眼前摇摇晃晃 be seen unclearly; appear to be unsteady; seem to turn round swim before one's eyes
Everything swam before his eyes.每种东西都在他眼前旋转。
The room swam before his eyes before he fell fainting on the floor.他觉得屋子在旋转,尔后昏倒在地板上。
The room swam before her eyes and she had to lie down again.房间好像在她眼前旋转,她只得再躺下。
- 在…眼前摇摇晃晃 be seen unclearly; appear to be unsteady; seem to turn round swim before one's eyes
- swim for (v.+prep.)
- 向…游 make one's way towards (sth) by swimmingSwim for the shore, there's a dangerous fish coming!快向岸边游,有条可怕的鱼过来了。
- 游泳逃跑 escape or save one's life by swimmingWith the boat gone, we had no choice but to swim for it.船沉没了,我们没别的办法,只好游水逃命。
- swim in (v.+prep.)
在…游泳 move by using the arms and legs to keep afloat in (liquid or a container of liquid)Would your children like to come and swim in my pool?你的孩子愿不愿意到我家池子里游泳?
I only like swimming in water that is comfortably warm. 我只喜欢在暖暖和和的水里游泳。
They saw a little carp swimming swiftly in the stream. 他们看见一条小鲤鱼在河里迅速地游着。
浸泡在…中 float in (a lot of liquid)〔说明〕 swim in作此解时不用于被动结构。
The meat was swimming in gravy. 肉泡在浓汁之中。
She always serves the meat swimming in its own juice. 她总是用泡在炖肉汤中的肉招待客人。
〈非正〉堆满 be crowded with (sth)The office is swimming in papers after the meeting last night.昨夜散会后办公室里堆满了文件。
She is swimming in money. 她腰缠万贯。
沉溺于 enjoy (a feeling, usually sad)〔说明〕 swim in作此解时不用于被动结构。
Is your aunt still swimming in her sorrows? 你姑妈还沉浸在忧伤之中吗?
- 在…游泳 move by using the arms and legs to keep afloat in (liquid or a container of liquid)Would your children like to come and swim in my pool?你的孩子愿不愿意到我家池子里游泳?
- swim into (v.+prep.)
进入,出现于 enter (sth such as sb's consciousness, memory, etc.) swim into sth
Good ideas swim into my mind from time to time.我的脑海里不时地会浮现出一些好主意。
- 进入,出现于 enter (sth such as sb's consciousness, memory, etc.) swim into sth
- swim with (v.+prep.)
- 〔说明〕 swim with不用于被动结构,也常不用于进行体。 swim with sth
充溢,充满 be full of or flooded with (a liquid)The bathroom floor was swimming with water.洗澡间的地上满是水。
Her eyes were swimming with tears as she watched the plane leave. 她望着飞机起飞时,眼睛里充满了泪水。
Her eyes were swimming with tears all day long. 她整天眼泪汪汪。
My heart swam with joy. 我的内心充满喜悦。
- 随潮流 follow the easiest, most popular, and successful course of actionA politician soon learns to swim with the tide and offer the voters things that they want, so as to gain their votes.政治家很快就学会随潮流,为了争取选票,选民们要求什么他就答应什么。
- go for a swim
去游泳 go to swimming
Let's go for a swim. 让我们去游泳。
He goes for a swim every morning. 他每天早晨去游泳。
What do you say about going for a swim? 去游泳你看怎样?
- 去游泳 go to swimming
- in a swim
头昏眼花 absent-minded and dim-sighted
Suddenly, she felt her head was in a swim. 突然间她觉得头昏眼花。
- 头昏眼花 absent-minded and dim-sighted
- in the swim
适应时事,顺应潮流 knowing about and concerned in what is going on in modern life
Everybody likes to be in the swim. 人人喜欢赶潮流。
An active and social person likes to be in the swim. 一个活跃的、爱交际的人,喜欢赶潮流。
At my age,I thought my international career was over.So you can appreciate just how thankful I am to be back in the swim. 我原以为,在我这样的年纪,从事国际活动的生涯已经结束。因此你可以理解我能重新参与国际活动,心里是多么高兴。
- 适应时事,顺应潮流 knowing about and concerned in what is going on in modern life
- out of the swim
不适应时事,赶不上潮流 not knowing about and concerned in what is going on in modern life
Nowadays, homemade shoes are going out of the swim. 眼下家里自做的鞋就要不流行了。
- 不适应时事,赶不上潮流 not knowing about and concerned in what is going on in modern life
- swim ashore 游上岸
- swim boldly 勇敢地游过
- swim courageously 无畏地游过
- swim easily 不费力地游过
- swim heroically 英勇地游过
- swim slowly 慢慢漂过
- swim unflaggingly 持续地游泳
- swim vigorously 朝气蓬勃地滑过
- swim back 游回
- swim out 游去
- swim across the river 游过河
- swim against the current of the time 违背时代潮流
- swim before 在…前旋转
- swim for 朝…游去
- swim for shore 朝岸上游去
- swim in a river 在河中游泳
- swim in happy tears (眼睛)充满着幸福的泪水
- swim in the sky (月亮)在空中移动
- swim like a stone 沉下去
- swim on one's back 仰泳
- swim on one's chest 俯泳,蛙泳
- swim on one's side 侧泳
- swim on water 浮在水上
- swim over 从…上滑过
- swim to the shore 游向岸边
- swim under the water 在水下游泳,潜泳
- swim with joy 内心充满喜悦
- swim with the tide〔current〕 顺流而游,顺应潮流,随波逐流
The moon..Above a cloud..with a gradual swim Coming into the blue.出自：Keats
You could see the bugs swimming around in it.出自：P. Marshall
I swam with a..breast-stroke..cleaving the water with my hands.出自：A. Lambert
- the swim意思是“潮流”; in the swim作“熟悉内情,通晓时事,积极参与社会活动; 通晓现时风尚潮流”解; out of the swim的意思是“赶不上潮流”。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的swiman，意为漂游。
- SWIM:Surface Water Improvement and Management改进和管理的表层水
- SWiM:Supply-Web information Management (Efinity, Inc.)Supply-Web信息管理(Efinity有限公司创立于1996年。)
- SWIM:Software Image Management (Cisco)软件图像管理(思科)
- swim:简介 swimKK: 【】DJ: 【】vi.1. 游,游泳A horse can swim.马会游泳。2. 浮,漂浮;滑行3. 浸,泡【(+in/with)】4. 充溢,充满【(+with)】Her…