- n. 僵局；和棋；僵持状态；陷于困境
- v. 使陷入僵局；使陷入困境
a situation in which no progress can be made or no advancement is possible;
"reached an impasse on the negotiations"
drawing position in chess: any of a player's possible moves would place his king in check
subject to a stalemate
- Negotiations have reached a stalemate.
- His tricks will bring us into a stalemate.
- The match ended in a stalemate.
- The war situation has been stalemated.
- stalemate combination 逼和的连着
I reached a stalemate with the New York City Opera.出自：Opera Now