- n. 匙；调羹；匙状物
- vt. 以匙舀起
- vi. 调情
- [C] 匙,调羹 a tool for mixing, serving and eating food, consisting of a small bowl shaped part with a handle
- [C] 一匙之量 a spoonful
a piece of cutlery with a shallow bowl-shaped container and a handle; used to stir or serve or take up food
as much as a spoon will hold;
"he added two spoons of sugar"
formerly a golfing wood with an elevated face
scoop up or take up with a spoon;
"spoon the sauce over the roast"
snuggle and lie in a position where one person faces the back of the others
- The spoon has been rusty from disuse.
- His soup spoon dropped onto the ground.
- She was born with a silver spoon in her mouth.
- You need a spoon to beat the mixture smooth.
- He spooned up several cakes of cube sugar and stuffed them into his mouth.
- The young couple spoon all the time.
- The spoon slipped out of his hand.
- He licked the spoon clean.
- Don't leave the aluminium spoon in the saltcellar.It will be eaten into by salt.
- The nurse is feeding the patient by means of a spoon.
- Thicken the soup until you can coat a spoon with it.
- Be careful or you'll bend that spoon.
- The little boy got his medicine down with the help of a spoonful of jam.
- I took three spoons of sugar in my tea.
- Two spoons of sugar are too much for the glass of milk, but one is not enough.One heaped spoon would strike a happy medium.
- He used to eat at a greasy spoon.
- You are now past the spoon, you certainly know how you'd behave yourself.
- a set of spoons 一套匙
- eat with a spoon 用匙吃东西
- take soup with a spoon 用匙舀汤
- past the spoon 已长大成人
- be born with a silver spoon in one's mouth 出生在富贵人家
Who sups with the devil will need a long spoon.出自：Proverb
St. Dennis is spooning out mushrooms onto a platter.出自： J. C. Oates
An uncle..let me spoon the cream from the top of his hot chocolate.出自： G. Tindall
- spoon of后多接不可数名词,表示复数意义时用spoons of。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的spon，意为一块薄片。
- ladle 杓子
- serve 服务
- spoon out 用匙舀
- dollop （食物的）一块...
- serve up 端上(食物、饮料等)...
- spoonful 一匙
- teaspoonful 一茶匙容量
- teaspoon 茶匙
- tablespoonful 一满匙
- scoopful 满满的一铲子的量...
- tablespoon 汤匙
- implement 工具
- silverware 银器
- measuring spoon 量匙
- dessert spoon 中匙(点心匙)...
- serving spoon 大匙
- slotted spoon 通眼匙
- wooden spoon 末名奖
- spoon 匙
- dessert 甜食，餐后甜点...
- grapefruit 葡萄柚
- measuring 测量用的
- wooden 木制的
- eating 食用的
- serving 服务
- slotted 有槽的
- utensil 【C】器具
- smooch 接吻
- snog 接吻