- [C]牙,齿 each of the hard white bony structures rooted in the gums, used for biting and chewing
- hard bonelike structures in the jaws of vertebrates; used for biting and chewing or for attack and defense
- something resembling the tooth of an animal
- toothlike structure in invertebrates found in the mouth or alimentary canal or on a shell
- a means of enforcement;
"the treaty had no teeth in it"
- one of a number of uniform projections on a gear
- This tooth is sensitive to cold.
- I was fitted an artificial tooth by the dentist.
- We should brush our teeth at least twice a day.
- He bellowed with pain when the tooth was pulled out.
- Mike's wife have a big sweet tooth.
I went to my dentist to have a tooth taken out.
I've been troubled by a bad tooth.
One of my front teeth is giving me trouble.
His tooth ached all night.
My tooth has just come out.
I can feel the hole in my tooth with my tongue.
He cried with pain when the dentist pulled his tooth out.
His high temperature delayed having an infected tooth out.
The dentist took out two of my teeth and asked me to come back again to have further treatment.
Ian's having three teeth taken out tomorrow.
Fighting tooth and nail, the peasants refused to go down before the invaders.
It is an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.
They are armed to the teeth.
She clenched her teeth.
Who broke a tooth of this saw?
The law must be given more teeth if crime is to be properly controlled.
She has a sweet tooth.
- bare one's teeth 露出牙齿
- break a tooth 损坏牙齿
- brush one's teeth 刷牙
- clean one's teeth 刷牙
- cut a tooth 出牙,长新牙
- draw sb's teeth 拔牙,使某人不能再作恶,解除某人的武装
- drill a tooth 钻牙
- fill a tooth 补牙
- get one's teeth 长牙
- have a tooth out 拔牙
- have a great tooth for 非常喜欢…
- have a loose tooth 信口乱说
- have a sweet tooth 喜吃甜食
- have all one's own teeth 牙齿完好无缺
- insert a tooth 镶牙
- pick one's teeth 剔牙
- pull a tooth 拔牙
- put in a tooth 镶牙
- repair a tooth 修牙
- set one's teeth 固牙,咬紧牙关,立下决心,决心应付困难
- show one's teeth 露齿
- sink one's teeth into 集中精力于…
- take out a tooth 拔牙
- artificial tooth 假牙
- bad tooth 蛀牙
- beautiful tooth 漂亮的牙齿
- false tooth 假牙
- irregular tooth 不整齐的牙齿
- loose tooth 活动的牙齿
- lower tooth 下牙
- rotten tooth 蚀牙
- upper tooth 上牙
She smiled.., showing a mouthful of magnificent pearly teeth.出自：A. N. Wilson
- tooth也可作“齿状物; (齿轮、锯、梳、耙等的)齿”解。
误 We use our tooth for biting and chewing.
正 We use our teeth for biting and chewing.
析 tooth的复数是 teeth,这里应该用复数形式。
误 My sister has two teethbrushes.
正 My sister has two toothbrushes.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的ttoh，意为牙齿。
- tooth:tooth n. 牙齿 英英解释:名词tooth:1. hard bonelike structures in the jaws of vertebrates; used for biting and…