a deliberately invalid argument displaying ingenuity in reasoning in the hope of deceiving someone
being expert or having knowledge of some technical subject;
"understanding affine transformations requires considerable mathematical sophistication"
the quality or character of being intellectually sophisticated and worldly through cultivation or experience or disillusionment
falsification by the use of sophistry; misleading by means of specious fallacies;
"he practiced the art of sophistication upon reason"
- Despite her scruffy clothes, there was an air of sophistication about her.
- He combined curious qualities of naivete with incisive wit and worldly sophistication.
- The result is a city huge on taste, sophistication and culinary pleasures.
- I have tried often to search behind the sophistication of years for the enchantment I so easily found in those gifts.
- Additional sophistication in method of calculation is unnecessary.
- The Red Team, based at Carnegie Mellon University, raised this mission-planning task to a military level of sophistication.
- I wonder, in fact, if the effectiveness of protest action and media sophistication are inversely proportional.
The Trombay establishment is the last word in nuclear sophistication.出自：Listener
Instamatics..with built-in light meter and other sophistications.出自：Early Music
- refinement 精致
- style 文体
- chic 别致的
- urbanity 都市风格
- elegance 高雅
- complexity 复杂
- erudition 博学
- cleverness 聪明
- difficulty 困难
- intricacy 纷乱
- mundanity 尘俗
- mundaneness 俗世
- sophistry 诡辩
- edification 陶冶
- worldliness 俗气
- sophism 诡辩
- naivete 天真