- 不久,即刻,很快 before long, within a short time
- 早,快 early, quickly
- 宁可,宁愿 readily, willingly
- in the near future;
"the doctor will soon be here"
"the book will appear shortly"
"she will arrive presently"
"we should have news before long"
- I'll be back soon.
- She will be here sooner than you expect.
- He left as soon as he heard the news.
- The detective soon raveled out the truth.
- She will be here sooner than you expect.
We shall soon start.
The teacher soon reduced the noisy class to order.
It was only a petty problem and they soon solved it.
His suffering will soon be over.
It will soon be Christmas.
The more help, the sooner done.
Retail meat prices are likely to be higher soon.
We reached the station an hour too soon.
I'd confidently predicted they'd win, but I spoke too soon—they were beaten in the final race.
The fire brigade arrived at last, not a moment too soon.
You spoke too soon.
How soon can you be ready?
I have to go home very soon.
He'll be here very soon.
They didn't arrive as soon as we had expected.
I would just as soon stay at home.
I would just as soon stay as go with him.
I would as soon not go.
I would as soon do it now as later.
I would as soon you didn't tell me about that.
Yang Jingyu would sooner die than surrender.
He received a mortal wound soon after the battle began.
He arrived soon after six.6
- as soon as
一…就… when...at once
Come here as soon as you finish the work. 工作一结束你就到这里来一趟。
- 一…就… when...at once
- as soon as possible
尽早,尽快 as quickly as possible
We must pull our company out of the financial crisis as soon as possible. 我们必须使公司尽早摆脱财政危机的困境。
Please oblige me with a reply as soon as possible. 请尽早给予答复。
- 尽早,尽快 as quickly as possible
- at the soonest
最快 with a shortest time
I can't come until tomorrow, at the soonest. 我最快也要到明天才能来。
- 最快 with a shortest time
- no sooner...than
一…就 when...at once
I had no sooner lain down than the telephone rang. 我刚躺下,电话铃就响了。
- 一…就 when...at once
- sooner or later
迟早 certainly, although one cannot be sure when
You will repent it sooner or later. 你早晚要后悔的。
If you drive like that, sooner or later you'll have an accident. 你如果那样开车,迟早会出事的。
- 迟早 certainly, although one cannot be sure when
- the sooner the better
越快越好 as quickly as possible
She could make her decision and the sooner the better. 她可以作决定,越快越好。
- 越快越好 as quickly as possible
- as soon 宁愿
- as soon as 一…就…
- how soon 到什么时候
- no sooner than 一…就…
- quite soon 很快
- rather soon 很早
- so soon 这样早
- too soon 太早
- very soon 马上
- soon after 之后不久
One day soon she would refurnish the entire flat.出自：F. Swinnerton
I must go back soon, perhaps tomorrow.出自：I. Murdoch
- soon还可作“宁可”“宁愿”解,通常与would等连用,构成would (just), as soon...(as), would sooner...than的句型。
- soon可放置于句末,有时也可放在句首,也常置于动词短语的第一个助动词后面,如果没有助动词,就置于实义动词前。但如果动词是be,则位于be的后面。如加quite, very或too修饰, soon则须置于句末。
- no sooner...than...意思是“一…就”,特别用于书面语中,表示一件事情紧接着另一件事情发生, no sooner通常位于第一个从句的主要动词前面,第二个从句than开始。在故事中,有时用倒装语序,将no sooner放于句首,后面紧跟主语。
- soon前可有very, pretty, quite, rather等修饰。
- soon, at once
这两个词(组)的区别是:soon表示“不久”“很快”,强调时间很短; at once表示“马上”“立刻”,强调动作随即发生。例如:He soon became active in the class.他在班上很快就变得活跃起来。When I heard the knock,I opened the door of the room at once.我听到敲门声马上就把房门打开了。
- as soon as, no sooner...than, hardly...when
这三个短语都可表示“一…就…”。其区别是：1.as soon as可转化为no sooner...than或hardly...when结构。例如:
2.as soon as通常用于一般时态, no hardly...than和hardly...when通常用于过去完成时。例如:As soon as you finish your job, let me know.你一完成工作就告诉我一声。No sooner had the doctor arrived than he began treating the sick.医生一到马上就抢救病人。I had hardly started when it began to rain.我刚动身就下起雨来了。
- As soon as I heard the knock I opened the door.
- No sooner had I heard the knock than I opened the door.
- Hardly had I heard the knock when I opened the door.
- soon, fast, quickly
这三个词都可表示“很快”。其区别是：soon强调的是预期的时刻不久就会到来, fast和quickly强调的是动作进行的速度快。例如:Their population is growing fast.他们的人口增长得很快。Come quickly, he's drowning!快来,他溺水了。
- soon, early, quick, shortly
这组词的共同意思是“不久”“即刻”“快”。其区别在于:early常指时间比原来或通常早些; quick含有匆忙、仓促之意; soon指在某一特定时间过现在之后不久,多用于将来时或过去时,通常放在句末或主要动词之前; shortly与soon同义,但比soon更郑重,常用于新闻报道等。例如:You have to think quick with the mind and act quick with the body.你必须脑子转得快,行动也得快。I came early, and had to wait for others, but soon after five o'clock they appeared.我来得早,得等其他人,可是刚过5点他们就都来了。Shortly after that, the police arrived.那事情发生不久警察就到了。
- how soon, how long
这两个短语的区别是:how soon的意思是“多久”,当我们就陈述句中的“过多少时间(就能…)”这一部分提问时,只能用how soon不能用how long; how long的意思是“多长”,当我们就陈述的“一段时间的长短”提问时,要用how long,不能用how soon。试比较:
- “How soon will he be here?”“In two hours.” “再过多久他就在这里了?”“两个小时。” “How long will he be here?”“For two hours.” “他要在这里呆多长时间?”“两个小时。”
- immediately instantly presently directly shortly soon at once right away
- at once:at once口语中常用，语气强烈，指时间紧迫，一刻也不能耽误。
- right away:right away主要用于美国英语，语气稍弱于at once，强调动作迅速。
误 How long is he coming?
正 How soon is he coming?
析 当表示“(在某事发生之前)将有多长时间”时,要用how soon,不可用how long。
误 When she heard the kncok, she opened the door soon.
正 When she heard the knock, she opened the door immediately.
误 Lunch was ready soon before he came back.
正 Lunch was ready shortly before he came back.
析 表示“在…前不久”,可说shortly before...,不可说soon before。
误 He said he'd sooner die than to betray his friend.
正 He said he'd sooner die than betray his friend.
析 would sooner...than...表示“宁愿…而不愿…”, would sooner和than后面都可接不带to的动词不定式。
误 He will phone me as soon as he will arrive.
正 He will phone me as soon as he arrives.
误 I will write again as soon as I shall be free.
正 I will write again as soon as I am free.
析 as soon as引导的状语从句中的谓语动词,只能用现在时来表示将来的时间。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的snoa，意为马上。
- soon:soon adv. 立刻, 不久, 快, 早, 宁愿 英英解释:副词soon:1. in the near future同义词：shortly, presently, before long 习惯用语…