apt to speak irritably;
"a snappish tone of voice"
- "A whole nation of belligerent, snappish people?" asked Nikolai.
- Aggressive peoples who think they have a grievance, who think they're undervalued.Belligerent, snappish.
- She wouldn't hear of it, denied that she was putting Louis in any greater danger than he already faced, turned decidedly snappish, and went off to bed.
- They might not send a thank-you after being treated to lunch, or they might send a snappish email that is more of a demand than a request.
- Home for Rumpole was a mansion flat off Gloucester Road, where he lived in a state of miserable, snappish fidelity to Hilda, “She Who Must be Obeyed”.
- Don't be so snappish.