someone who is small and insignificant
a young person of either sex;
"she writes books for children"
"they're just kids"
"`tiddler' is a British term for youngster"
- Children always appreciate small gifts of money.
- As a child grows into an adolescent, they grow taller, but their frames remain quite small.
- For over 3 hours I've hooked only a small fish.
- A school of small fish were swimming in the pool.
- He is no more than a small potato.
- Jim was only a very small cog in a very large criminal wheel.
- On that busy first day I should also view the small simple things of my home.
- Small things can become big news, for instance if a person bites a dog.