- 简单地,简易地,朴素地 in a simple way; easily; plainly, clearly, or naturally
- 仅仅,只不过 just; only
- 简直,非常 really, very much
- and nothing more;
"I was merely asking"
"it is simply a matter of time"
"just a scratch"
"he was only a child"
"hopes that last but a moment"
"I just can't take it anymore"
"he was just grand as Romeo"
"it's simply beautiful!"
- absolutely; altogether; really;
"we are simply broke"
- in a simple manner; without extravagance or embellishment;
"she was dressed plainly"
"they lived very simply"
- Most of these problems won't simply dissolve.
- You may open the tin simply by pulling the puller.
- Is success simply a matter of working hard?
- I bought the house simply because it was large.
- The holidays simply sped by.
- That meal was simply divine!
To put it simply, the new proposals mean that the average worker will be about 10% better off.
On her small income they live very simply.
They dressed neatly and simply.
I simply don't believe that spoken skills can be drilled into learners in a language laboratory.
The children are simply bursting with good health.
I have never met our new neighbors; I simply know them by sight.
Don't worry, it's simply a cold.
He is simply a child.
What we need is simply money, money and money.
I do it simply for money.
The drink consists simply of fresh oranges.
Many children are cheated of their chance for a good education, simply by living in the wrong place.
We lost out in the election simply because the opposition had more money to run their campaign.
I don't like driving; I do it simply because I have to get to work each day.
I'm afraid you're simply painting the lily; the picture is good enough as it is.
Expecting him to pay for the damage which they had caused was simply adding insult to injury.
His words simply added fuel to the flame.
Her account of what happened is simply not borne out by the facts.
His pronunciation is simply terrible.
It is simply ridiculous to attempt such a thing.
Not simply is television boring, but it wastes a lot of time.
Beautifully and simply, as a child ought to dance.出自：J. Ruskin
- simply的基本意思有两个:一是“简单地,简易地,朴素地”; 二是“仅仅,只不过”。作“简单”解时可修饰动态动词,一般位于句末。作“仅仅”解时可修饰动态动词、静态动词、系表结构、形容词、名词、介词短语或从句。
- not simply位于句首时可引起主谓倒装。
- He explained simply.
- He simply explained.
- simply:simply adv. 简单地, 完全, 简直, 仅仅, 只不过, 朴素地, 只是习惯用语simply and solely 仅仅…