- 简单地,简易地,朴素地 in a simple way; easily; plainly, clearly, or naturally
- 仅仅,只不过 just; only
- 简直,非常 really, very much
and nothing more;
"I was merely asking"
"it is simply a matter of time"
"just a scratch"
"he was only a child"
"hopes that last but a moment"
"I just can't take it anymore"
"he was just grand as Romeo"
"it's simply beautiful!"
absolutely; altogether; really;
"we are simply broke"
in a simple manner; without extravagance or embellishment;
"she was dressed plainly"
"they lived very simply"
- Most of these problems won't simply dissolve.
- Put simply, we accept their offer or go bankrupt.
- You may open the tin simply by pulling the puller.
- Is success simply a matter of working hard?
- I bought the house simply because it was large.
- The holidays simply sped by.
- That meal was simply divine!
- To put it simply, the new proposals mean that the average worker will be about 10% better off.
- On her small income they live very simply.
- They dressed neatly and simply.
- I simply don't believe that spoken skills can be drilled into learners in a language laboratory.
- The children are simply bursting with good health.
- I have never met our new neighbors; I simply know them by sight.
- Don't worry, it's simply a cold.
- He is simply a child.
- What we need is simply money, money and money.
- I do it simply for money.
- The drink consists simply of fresh oranges.
- Many children are cheated of their chance for a good education, simply by living in the wrong place.
- We lost out in the election simply because the opposition had more money to run their campaign.
- I don't like driving; I do it simply because I have to get to work each day.
- I'm afraid you're simply painting the lily; the picture is good enough as it is.
- Expecting him to pay for the damage which they had caused was simply adding insult to injury.
- His words simply added fuel to the flame.
- Her account of what happened is simply not borne out by the facts.
- His pronunciation is simply terrible.
- It is simply ridiculous to attempt such a thing.
- Not simply is television boring, but it wastes a lot of time.
Beautifully and simply, as a child ought to dance.出自： J. Ruskin
- simply的基本意思有两个:一是“简单地,简易地,朴素地”; 二是“仅仅,只不过”。作“简单”解时可修饰动态动词,一般位于句末。作“仅仅”解时可修饰动态动词、静态动词、系表结构、形容词、名词、介词短语或从句。
- not simply位于句首时可引起主谓倒装。
- He explained simply.
- He simply explained.