cheat someone by not returning him enough money
deprive of by deceit;
"He swindled me out of my inheritance"
"She defrauded the customers who trusted her"
"the cashier gypped me when he gave me too little change"
- The naughty little boy was given short change by his relatives.
- I've finished with our grocer for good; that's the third time he's tried to give me short change.
- John made a big stink about being accidentally short changed.
- To cheat someone by not returning all the money due him. EXAMPLE: The dishonest restaurant owner tried to short change the tourists when they paid their bill, but they called the police.
- Roaches terrified that someone will shine a light on them. Whimpering when the grocery clerk short changes them a quarter.
- short change 找钱不足,少找钱...