- The country is short of known deposits of coal.
- Lack of education was a liability in getting a job.
- As the bishop was rather short of stature, he could not reach it.
- I should never correspond to your pattern of a lady.
- Dick seldom talks of anything but music.
- They bagged nothing except a couple of rabbits.
- nothing short of 简直是(完全是...
- make short work of 迅速干完
- fall short of someone's expectations 辜负某人的期望,没达...
- the long and the short of it 概括的意思
- short of hands 缺少人手
- stop short of 未到达(缺乏...
- fall short of the mark 不合格
- be little short of 几乎是(近于)...
- fall short of 没有达到
- short of breath 呼吸短促(喘气)...
- fly short of 未达到应有的水平...
- make short shrift of 很快解决
- the short end of the stick 不公平的待遇(最坏的...
- stop short of doing something 对(做)某事有所顾忌...
- come short of 缺乏
- fall short of sb's expectations 辜负期望
- make short of long 长话短说