- n. 绵羊；羊；羊皮
- [C] 羊,绵羊 grass-eating animal with a thick fleecy coat, kept in flocks for its flesh as food and for its wool
woolly usually horned ruminant mammal related to the goat
a timid defenseless simpleton who is readily preyed upon
a docile and vulnerable person who would rather follow than make an independent decision;
"his students followed him like sheep"
- Can you distinguish goat from sheep?
- The dog that molested the sheep was killed.
- The sheep are lambing this week.
- Will the hedge keep the sheep out of the field?
- We're dealing with a wolf in sheep's clothing.
- Black And Brown Finished Sheep Leather.
- It is a stray sheep.
- Look, there are three sheep eating grass under the tree.
- There wasn't a sheep in sight.
- Its principal products are cattle, sheep, wheat, corn and fruits.
- The sheep are safe in the sheepfold.
- The sheep have all been shorn.
- Hundreds of sheep perished that year because of drought.
- My favourite animals are horses and cats.Among others,I like dogs and goats more than sheep and cows.
- The pasture that had been under sheep was so greatly superior.
- It is not too late to mend the fold even after some of the sheep have been lost.
- a wolf in sheep's clothing
披着羊皮的狼 sb who appears to be harmless but is in fact dangerous
- black sheep
害群之马,败类,不肖之子 sb who does not conform to the family's wishes
- count sheep
心里计数以求入睡 keep counting to oneself in an attempt to fall asleep
- separate the sheep from the goats
区别好坏〔优劣〕 tell those who are good, able, etc. from those who are not
- sheep's eyes
〈非正〉充满柔情蜜意的眼神,秋波,媚眼 a silly look suggesting that one is in love
误 A lot of cows and sheeps died of polluted water.
正 A lot of cows and sheep died of polluted water.田野里有一群羊。
误 There are a flock of sheeps in the field.
正 There are a flock of sheep in the field.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的sceap，意为绵羊。
- sheepishly adv. 羞怯地