- 富的,富裕的,富有的 having much money or property; wealthy
- 贵重的,昂贵的,豪华的 valuable or expensive; splendid or luxurious
- [P]盛产,丰富,多 producing or having a large supply of sth
- 丰产的,肥沃的 producing or produced abundantly
- 油腻的,味浓的 containing a large amount of fat
- 深的,鲜艳的,深沉的,洪亮的,浓烈的 (of colours, sounds or smells) pleasantly deep, full, mellow or strong
people who have possessions and wealth (considered as a group);
"only the very rich benefit from this legislation"
possessing material wealth;
"her father is extremely rich"
"many fond hopes are pinned on rich uncles"
having an abundant supply of desirable qualities or substances (especially natural resources);
"blessed with a land rich in minerals"
"rich in ideas"
"rich with cultural interest"
of great worth or quality;
"a rich collection of antiques"
marked by great fruitfulness;
"a fat land"
"a productive vineyard"
"a rich red"
"rich seams of coal"
high in mineral content; having a high proportion of fuel to air;
"a rich vein of copper"
"a rich gas mixture"
suggestive of or characterized by great expense;
"a rich display"
containing plenty of fat, or eggs, or sugar;
"they kept gorging on rich foods"
marked by richness and fullness of flavor;
"a rich ruby port"
"a robust claret"
"the robust flavor of fresh-brewed coffee"
pleasantly full and mellow;
"a rich tenor voice"
affording an abundant supply;
"had ample food for the party"
"food is plentiful"
"a plenteous grape harvest"
"a rich supply"
- He is a rich man.
- The rich man left his son nothing in the will.
- Our country is a rich land.
- He has gained rich experience in these years.
- Her rich experience gave her an advantage over other applicants for the job.
- Many a rich businessman reached the top by trampling on others in the most brutal way.
- They own the mill in our town and are rich people.
- He came from a rich family.
- This is a rich present.
- There is rich furniture in his room.
- We had a rich harvest this year.
- This subject offers a rich field for advanced study.
- He was prone to indigestion after rich restaurant meals.
- Every morning I can hear a rich voice of the baritone.
- The studio was filled with the rich odour of roses.
- Rich tapestries billowed in the wind.
- He is rich, but he is still avid of more money.
- The peasants grow richer from day to day.
- I'm not rich, but I'm comfortable.
- He has become rich.
- “They've made John the captain.” “That's rich! Even I can play football better than him.”
- He is poor in money, but rich in knowledge.
- She is rich in the inner feelings.
- This handbook is rich in vocabulary.
- The elderly man is rich in experience.
- The baroque style is rich in ornament.
- The fish is rich in oil.
- This land is known to be rich with oil, gas, coal and diamonds.
- Only the rich could afford his firm's products.
- You can tell the very rich by their evening dresses.
- Who are the America's invisible rich?
- When I landed in this city,I was struck by the tremendous contrasts between rich and poor.
- strike it rich
发横财,走运 become sudden rich
- rich baritone 深沉洪亮的男中音
- rich business 富商
- rich country 富国
- rich experience 丰富的阅历
- rich family 富裕的家庭
- rich farmland 肥沃的农田
- rich food 油腻的食物
- rich fragrance 浓郁的芳香
- rich furniture 豪华的家具
- rich harvest 丰收
- rich language 丰富的语言
- rich life 丰富多彩的生活
- rich mineral 丰富的矿藏
- rich peasants 富农
- rich present 贵重的礼物
- rich prize 贵重的奖品
- rich soil 沃土
- rich sound 洪亮的声音
- quite rich 相当丰富〔富裕〕
The..selfish..'get rich quick' society.出自：Times
He's quite rich, so he can pay his way easily.出自： P. Angadi
He was wonderfully rich, the son of a man who had made a fortune.出自： G. Daly
He was a well-known painter and had even become a rich one.出自： I. Murdoch
- the rich可用来表示“富人”,谓语动词要用复数,在口语中,定冠词the常可省略,而且rich前可加形容词。
- rich, wealthy
- rich单纯指“富有的,丰富的”; 而wealthy意为“富裕的”,强调拥有无数财富,而且含有“当地著名人物”的意思。例如:
- He is a wealthy businessman.他是个有钱的实业家。
误 The rich is not always happy.
正 The rich are not always happy.
析 the rich是形容词名词化,意为“有钱人”,谓语动词须用复数形式。巨额的财富来自勤奋工作。
误 Great rich come from hard work.
正 Great riches come from hard work.
误 The land had rich minerals.
正 The land was rich in minerals.
析 “矿产丰富”习惯用be rich in minerals表示,而不用have rich minerals。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的rice，意为有力的。