- [U]稻 type of grass grown on wet land in hot countries, especially in Asia, producing seeds that are cooked and used as food
- [U]稻米,大米 these seeds
grains used as food either unpolished or more often polished
annual or perennial rhizomatous marsh grasses; seed used for food; straw used for paper
English lyricist who frequently worked with Andrew Lloyd Webber (born in 1944)
United States playwright (1892-1967)
sieve so that it becomes the consistency of rice;
"rice the potatoes"
- Rice is our essential foodstuff in life.
- His plate was piled high with rice.
- He had some rice for supper.
- Rice yields will be higher than last year.
- The farmers grow rice.
- Rice cannot grow in this country.
- For us Indonesians, rice is the most usual food.
- The shop sells rice.
- The little bird is eating a grain of rice.
- Grains of rice were on the land.
- We had rice for lunch.
- He had two bowls of boiled rice at lunch.
- boil rice 煮饭
- cook rice 煮饭
- grow rice 种稻
- harvest rice 收割稻子
- have rice 吃米饭
- husk rice 碾米
- mill rice 磨米
- process rice 碾米
- raise rice 种稻
- reap rice 收割稻子
- thrash rice 给稻子脱粒
- winnow rice 扬稻子
- broken rice 碎米
- brown rice 糙米
- early rice 早稻
- enriched rice 营养稻米
- glutinous rice 糯米
- late rice 晚稻
- wild rice 野稻米
- rice为不可数名词,因此,说“一粒米”要用a grain of rice; “多粒米”要用grains of rice; “两碗米饭”要用two bowls of boiled rice。
误 There are only few rices left in his bowl.
正 There is only little rice left in his bowl.
- ☆ 13世纪中期进入英语，直接源自古法语的ris；最初源自希腊语的oryza，意为大米。