- adj. 退休的；退役的；腼腆的；不爱交际的
not arrogant or presuming;
"unassuming to a fault, skeptical about the value of his work"
"a shy retiring girl"
of a person who has held and relinquished a position or office;
"a retiring member of the board"
reluctant to draw attention to yourself
- I can't disappoint my public by retiring.
- Some people find retiring difficult, but he has taken it all in his stride.
- Retiring early from his job freed him to join several local clubs.
- He pitched for ten years before retiring.
- Joanna had a gentle retiring disposition.
- He is a very quiet and retiring person.
The retiring mayor of the town.出自： C. Gross