being the agent or cause;
"determined who was the responsible party"
"termites were responsible for the damage"
- I tried to make clear to him that I'm not responsible for this.
- That kind archbishop is responsible for our church district.
- The holder of the office of chairman is responsible for arranging meetings.
- Who's responsible for the terrible mess?
- Who is responsible for retailing these rumors about him?
- The police are responsible for the enforcement of the law.
- We should be responsible for the generation as yet unborn.
- In no way am I responsible for what has happened.
- responsible 有责任的