- [P]负有责任的,需承担责任的 having done or been the cause of especially sth bad; guilty
- [P]需对…负责的 having the duty of looking after sb/sth, so that one can be blamed if things go wrong
- 尽责的,可靠的 capable of being relied on
- 责任重大的 needing a trustworthy person to do it
- worthy of or requiring responsibility or trust; or held accountable;
"a responsible adult"
"a responsible position"
"the captain is responsible for the ship's safety"
"the cabinet is responsible to the parliament"
- being the agent or cause;
"determined who was the responsible party"
"termites were responsible for the damage"
- having an acceptable credit rating;
"a responsible borrower"
- Who's responsible for the terrible mess?
- As a boy, i know, i was responsible to help her.
- We all think of her as a responsible teacher.
- You are supposed to be responsible for them.
- She holds a very responsible position in the firm.
- At 18, he was ill-equipped for such a responsible job.
She is a responsible secretary.
He holds a very responsible position in the firm.
It's a terribly responsible job.
Since you are responsible,I thought you should know what's happening.
It was good to feel responsible and liked.
He is responsible in morals and in law.
The children are responsible for cleaning their own rooms.
He is responsible to me for it.
I hold you personally responsible for all this.
Our duty is to hold ourselves responsible to the people.
He was held responsible for the accident.
He was not responsible,..he had come on the scene by..accident.出自：Joyce
A..useless war for which the..governments were mainly responsible.出自：L. Woolf
Freud was financially responsible for his parents.出自：E. Young
be responsible for表示“对……负责任”，它的主语不一定是人，这种用法在美式英语中较常见。
The cold weather is responsible for his absence.
the person responsible表示“负责人”。
I want to see the person responsible.
The writer of a letter is responsible that it will be understood by its recipient.
- 一般来说，be responsible to后跟人，指“对某人负责”，而be responsible for后跟物，指“对某事负责”。
- responsible for, responsible to
responsible for和responsible to都表示“对…负责”。前者通常以人作主语,表示对某物〔事〕负责; 后者后面接人,表示对某人负责。
- the responsible person 认真负责的人,可靠的人
- the person responsible 负责人
错句：we must be responsible to the students' behaviour.
纠正：we must be responsible for the students' behaviour.
分析：be responsible to后跟人，指“对某人负责”，而be responsible for后跟物，指“对某事负责”。
- ☆ 1590年左右进入英语，直接源自法语的responsbile；最初源自拉丁语的responsus。
- responsible:responsible adj. 有责任的, 可靠的, 可依赖的, 负责的习惯用语hold sb. responsible for 使某人负... 的责任make oneself responsibl…