- [U]现实,实际 everything that is real
- [C]真实的事物 sth real
- all of your experiences that determine how things appear to you;
"his world was shattered"
"we live in different worlds"
"for them demons were as much a part of reality as trees were"
- the state of being actual or real;
"the reality of his situation slowly dawned on him"
- the state of the world as it really is rather than as you might want it to be;
"businessmen have to face harsh realities"
- the quality possessed by something that is real
- He describes the scene with startling reality.
- I try to convince him of the reality of the danger.
- His plans were transformed overnight into reality.
- This is the just the bitter reality of wars in Iraq.
- It seems as if he knew everything, but in reality, he is as stupid as can be.
This is not imagination but reality.
The film showed life in the poor areas with great reality.
He became that country's ruler both in name and in reality.
We thought he was serious but in reality he was joking.
His energy had withdrawn into imaginary worlds and he had none to waste on reality.出自：A. Gray
- reality, truth
这两个词都有“真实,现实”的意思。其区别在于：truth强调与实际相符。reality指实际存在、实际看到或经历过的事实,也可指抽象的客观现实,还可指艺术塑造和真实存在非常相像、逼真。例如:This is not imagination but reality.这不是想象,而是现实。He became that country's ruler both in name and in reality.他成了该国名义上和事实上统治者。The child thought he was being helpful, but in reality he was a nuisance.那孩子认为他在帮忙,但实际上他是个令人讨厌的家伙。
- ☆ 1550年进入英语，直接源自中世纪拉丁语的reailtatem；最初源自古典拉丁语的reails，意为真正的质量。
- REALITY:Rhymes Equal Actual Life in the Youth实际生活中韵相等的青春
- REALITY:Real Experiences Altering Lives In Today's Youth实际经验中改变生活在今天的青年
- REALITY:Real Experience Appropriate Learning In Teenage Years实际经验中学习适当十几岁的孩子
- reality:reality n. 真实, 事实, 本体, 逼真英英解释:名词reality:1. all of your experiences that determine how things appear…