- n. (高尔夫球的)轻击棒；轻击者
- v. 慢条斯理地工作；闲逛
a golfer who is putting
the iron normally used on the putting green
"The old lady is pottering around in the garden"
do random, unplanned work or activities or spend time idly;
"The old lady is usually mucking about in her little house"
move around aimlessly
- I like a putter that looks and feels good.
- He gave me an aluminum putter that I use today.
- If he retains his faith in his ability to holes out, then he remains a good putter.
- Although it is very old, the car can putter along on the flat.
- The old car can't get up hills, but it can putter along on the flat all right.
- I like to putter around in the garden.
- If you have a day to yourself, you are likely to putter all day.
The putter of the said question.出自： C. Lamb
As a putter-up of game one cannot imagine the clumber out-doing the springer [spaniel].出自：Country Life
The Medawars are indeed great putters down of..pretensions.出自：New York Review of Books