put something back where it belongs;
"replace the book on the shelf after you have finished reading it"
"please put the clean dishes back in the cabinet when you have washed them"
cost a certain amount;
"My daughter's wedding set me back $20,000"
- Please put the dictionary back where it was.
- The grandfather clock was back in its old place.
- Things will soon get back to normal.
- Edward had set himself with a will to put the place to rights.
- The game was put off because of rain.
- The meeting has been put back to next week.