- vt. 普及；使流行；使通俗化
cater to popular taste to make popular and present to the general public; bring into general or common use;
"They popularized coffee in Washington State"
"Relativity Theory was vulgarized by these authors"
make understandable to the general public;
"Carl Sagan popularized cosmology in his books"
- We should popularize science on a grand scale.
- The series of books gained applause. We decided to popularize the method.
- The company is trying to popularize its new products.
- The programme did much to popularize little-known writers.
- I have tried to popularize rather than vulgarize the subject.
He possesses..the power of seizing upon and popularizing the finer parts of his subject.出自：Tait's Edinburgh Magazine
Paul Ecke..who popularized poinsettias as a living symbol of Christmas.出自：Time