- [C]邻居 a person who lives near sb
- [C]邻近的人〔物〕 person, thing or country that is next to or near another
a person who lives (or is located) near another
a nearby object of the same kind;
"Fort Worth is a neighbor of Dallas"
"what is the closest neighbor to the Earth?"
live or be located as a neighbor;
"the neighboring house"
be located near or adjacent to;
"Pakistan neighbors India"
- My neighbour is always putting on airs.
- I'll board out my children with my neighbour.
- When the big tree fell, it brought down two of its smaller neighbours.
- The garden neighbours on a golf-course.
- In front of the house there is a large plot of field, on which neighbours the highway.
- You can inquire of your neighbours where the post office is.
- The widow gossiped about her neighbors.
- She loves visiting with her neighbours and having a good gossip.
- She used to have a quarrel with her neighbours about some trifles on the average of once every three days.
- I've lived here five years and still haven't exchanged more than a few words with my neighbours.
- We live among very warm neighbours.
- He is very kind towards his neighbours.
- I feel very much annoyed when my neighbour's cock loudly crows outside my window.
- We were neighbours at dinner.
- Britain's nearest neighbour is France.
- When the big tree fell it brought down several of its neighbours.
- After the First World War Germany conceded a lot of land to her neighbours.
- Despair was too often her neighbour.
- Love your neighbour.
- associate with neighbour 与邻居交往
- backbite sb's neighbours 背后说邻居的坏话
- drive out neighbour 赶走邻居
- invite neighbour 邀请邻居
- like neighbour 喜欢邻居
- respect neighbour 尊重邻居
- stand neighbour 容忍邻居
- welcome neighbour 欢迎邻居
- bad neighbour 坏邻居
- civilized neighbours 有教养的邻居
- friendly neighbour 友好的邻居,友好邻邦
- generous neighbour 慷慨的邻居
- good neighbour 好邻居
- immediate neighbour 近邻
- kind neighbour 心地善良的邻居
- next-door neighbour 隔壁邻居
- noisy neighbour 爱吵闹的邻居
Churches have long featured the virtue of loving one's neighbour.出自： J. K. Galbraith
Someone borrowed some smelling-salts from a neighbour, six doors away.出自： B. Gilroy
- She is neighbor to me.
- She is a neighbor of mine.
Thomas is a good neighbor.
析 “a good/bad neighbour”是指“与邻居相处得好〔坏〕”,而不涉及那个“邻人,邻居”品德好坏。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的neahgebur，意为邻居。