- [C]错误,过失,失策 thing done incorrectly through ignorance or wrong judgement; error
- [C]误解,误会 wrong idea or opinion; misconception
- vt. & vi. 弄错; 误解 make a mistake; make an error about; understand wrongly
- vt. 认不出 not recognize
- a wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention;
"he made a bad mistake"
"she was quick to point out my errors"
"I could understand his English in spite of his grammatical faults"
- an understanding of something that is not correct;
"he wasn't going to admit his mistake"
"make no mistake about his intentions"
"there must be some misunderstanding--I don't have a sister"
- part of a statement that is not correct;
"the book was full of errors"
- identify incorrectly;
"Don't mistake her for her twin sister"
- to make a mistake or be incorrect
- His costly mistake resulted in severe loss.
- You've made several grammatical mistakes in the composition.
- Tom must have taken your dictionary by mistake.
- He felt mortified for his mistake.
- That mistake has undone all our previous good work.
- You mistook my meaning entirely.
- I mistook the number and went to the wrong room.
- Mother looks so young that people often mistake her for my sister.
My mistake won't be discovered as long as nobody tells on me.
Mistakes abound on every page.
No mistakes could arise.
These little mistakes can't be avoided.
It was a curious mistake that I couldn't understand.
I agreed that it was a mistake.
The students are cautious not to make any mistake in spelling.
I deeply regret the mistake.
We all make mistakes.
How can we cover up our mistakes?
I had to overcome the temptation to laugh at his mistakes.
The European countries have learned from their mistakes.
There must be some mistake!
I made a mistake about the time.
I made a bad mistake in spending all the money at once.
The teacher found several spelling mistakes in the pupils' written answers.
You made three mistakes in grammar tonight.
The waiter made a mistake over the bill.
It was a mistake to tell him.
It would be a mistake to assume we've heard the last of this issue.
It's a mistake to lay too much emphasis on grades.
I think it was a mistake telling him about our plans.
We made the mistake of leaving our bedroom window open last night.
He mistook the date, and arrived two days early.
We've mistaken the house.
I mistook the direction.
Don't mistake him, if he says he'll help you, he'll do so.
She mistook my meaning entirely.
They completely mistook his reasons for doing it.
They mistake their man if they think they can frighten him.
You can't mistake his car in the busiest streets; he's painted it bright red.
He said so, if I am not mistaken.
He is the right man to do it, if I am not mistaken.
I thought I heard the telephone but I was mistaken.
I mistook what he said.
You must have mistaken what I said.
His tones underlined his meaning so that no one could mistake what he meant.
I think you are mistaking how far the responsibility goes.
- by mistake
错误地 as a result of carelessness, forgetfulness, etc.; in error
I took his umbrella by mistake. 我错拿了他的雨伞。
I took your bag instead of mine by mistake. 我没有拿自己的包而错拿了你的。
- 错误地 as a result of carelessness, forgetfulness, etc.; in error
- in mistake for
错当成 thinking wrongly that sth is sth else
I took someone else's umbrella in mistake for my own. 我错把别人的伞当作我自己的拿走了。
- 错当成 thinking wrongly that sth is sth else
- make no mistake (about)
〈口〉别误会; 别误解 do not be misled into thinking otherwise
Now make no mistake! 别弄错我的意思!
She seems very quiet, but make no mistake about it, she has a terrible temper! 她看起来很文静,但请不要有半点怀疑,她的脾气很坏。
完全可以肯定 it is quite certain; there can be no doubt about it
If you don't improve your behaviour, you'll be punished, make no mistake about it. 如果你不改邪归正,你将受到惩罚。这是完全可以肯定的。
Make no mistake about it, he is the biggest fool I've met. 毫无疑问,他是我所见的最大的傻瓜。
- 〈口〉别误会; 别误解 do not be misled into thinking otherwise
- If I mistake not
如果我没弄错的话 if I don't make a mistake
If I mistake not,I'll do it like that. 如果我没弄错的话,我就那样做。
If I mistake not, tomorrow is your birthday. 如果我没有记错的话,明天便是你的生日。
If I mistake not, they left for London two days ago. 如果我没有记错的话,他们两天前就动身去伦敦了。
- 如果我没弄错的话 if I don't make a mistake
- mistake about〔in〕 (v.+prep.)
弄错,看错 have the wrong idea about〔in〕 (sb/sth) be mistaken about〔in〕 sb/sth/v-ing
How could she have been mistaken about a thing like that?像那样的事情她竟然会搞错?
I am sorry,I was mistaken about you.对不起,我错怪你了。
I was mistaken about her age.我弄错她的年龄了。
She's mistaken about the name of the hotel.她把这家旅馆的名字搞错了。
You are mistaken in that.你误会那事了。
You were mistaken in assuming it.你这样臆断是错了。
- 弄错,看错 have the wrong idea about〔in〕 (sb/sth) be mistaken about〔in〕 sb/sth/v-ing
- mistake for (v.+prep.)
把…错认为,错把…当作 think wrongly that sb/sth is sb/sth else mistake sb/sth for sb/sth
Undoubtedly you have mistaken me for sb else.无疑你是认错人了。
Because they are very much alike people are always mistaking him for his twin brother.因为他们长得非常相像,人们总把他错认为是他的孪生兄弟。
They mistook me for the manager.他们错把我当成经理了。
She mistook him for the professor.她把他错当作教授了。
They mistook that stick for a snake.他们把这根手杖误当成了一条蛇。
I mistook the house for a hotel.我把这栋房子错当作旅馆了。
Tyrants often mistake fear for respect.暴君常常错把恐惧当尊敬。
You mustn't mistake lack of formal education for lack of wisdom.你绝不能误认为没有受到正规教育就是没有学问。用于 be ～ed 结构
She is often mistaken for her twin sister.她常被人当作是她的孪生姐妹。
He was mistaken for a leader.他被误认为是领导人。
I was mistaken for a spy.我被人错当成间谍。
He was mistaken for an enemy scout and badly wounded.他被误认为敌人的侦察兵,受了重伤。
- 把…错认为,错把…当作 think wrongly that sb/sth is sb/sth else mistake sb/sth for sb/sth
- There be no mistaking...
绝不可能搞错… there is no possibility of being about sb/sth
There's no mistaking his car. 他的汽车不可能被认错。
There is no mistaking the fact. 事实一清二楚。
There's no mistaking his real motive. 他的真正动机不可能被误解。
There is no mistaking his sincerity. 没有人不会承认他的真诚。
There's no mistaking what ought to be done. 应该干什么,那是再清楚不过的。
There could be no mistaking what he had come for. 他前来的目的一清二楚。
- 绝不可能搞错… there is no possibility of being about sb/sth
- admit one's mistake 承认错误
- avoid a mistake 避免错误
- bare a mistake 暴露错误
- commit a mistake 犯错误
- correct a mistake 改正错误
- detect the mistake 发现错误
- duplicate a mistake 重犯同样的错误
- eradicate mistake 消除误会
- find out a mistake 找出错误
- have a mistake 有错误
- learn from past mistakes 从犯过的错误中学习,吸取教训
- make a mistake 犯错误
- note a mistake 注意错误
- obscure a mistake 掩饰错误
- observe a mistake 说明所犯过失,注意所犯错误
- obviate a mistake 避免错误
- overlook a mistake 忽略错误
- pardon a mistake 原谅过失
- rectify a mistake 改正错误
- regard mistake 注意所犯过失
- repeat a mistake 重犯错误
- score mistakes in red ink 用红墨水划出错的地方
- absurd mistake 可笑的错误
- all mistakes 所有的错误
- awful mistake 可怕的错误
- bad mistake 严重的错误〔过失〕
- careless mistakes 粗心错误
- common mistake 共同的错误,常见的错误
- costly mistake 造成重大损失的错误
- disastrous mistake 灾难性的错误
- dreadful mistake 可怕的错误
- fatal mistake 致命的错误
- foolish mistake 愚蠢的错误
- grave mistake 严重的错误
- horrible mistake 可怕的错误
- inexcusable mistake 不可原谅的错误
- laughable mistake 可笑的错误
- little mistakes 小错误
- main mistake 主要错误
- major mistake 大错误
- minor mistake 小错误
- past mistakes 过去的错误,以往的错误
- regrettable mistake 令人遗憾的错误
- ridiculous mistake 可笑的错误,荒谬的错误
- sad mistake 惨痛的错误〔过失〕
- serious mistake 严重的错误〔过失〕
- silly mistake 愚蠢的错误
- single mistake 个别的错误,单个的错误
- slight mistake 小错误
- strange mistake 不可思议的错误
- stupid mistake 愚蠢的错误
- terrible mistake 可怕的错误
- traffic mistake 交通上的错误
- unavoidable mistake 不可避免的错误
- unfortunate mistake 不幸的错误
- mistake a pig for a dog 不辨菽粟,行动愚蠢
- mistake a road 走错路
- mistake sb's meaning 误解某人的意思
- mistake sb's purpose 误解某人的意图
- mistake the hour 弄错时间
- mistake the house 认错门
- mistake absurdly 荒谬地估计错误
- mistake completely 完全误解
- mistake curiously 严重误解
- mistake decidedly 明显地弄错
- mistake desperately 完全误解
- mistake entirely 完全误解
- mistake felicitously 弄巧成拙
- mistake greatly 完全误解
- mistake grievously 令人伤心地误解
- mistake grossly 明显地弄错
- mistake inexcusably 不可避免地误解
- mistake ludicrously 荒唐地错误
- mistake pathetically 感情上的误解
- mistake perniciously 恶意误解
- mistake surely 肯定误解
- mistake tragically 悲伤地误解
It is a great mistake to think that a building looks better for being empty.出自：J. T. Micklethwaite
I..was worried to find silly mistakes creeping into my calculations, mistakes like writing down a number wrongly.出自：F. Chichester
When blind ambition quite mistakes her road.出自：E. Young
- “犯错误”不说do a mistake,而说make a mistake; “错误地”不说for mistake,而说by mistake。
- mistake还常用于There be no mistaking ... 句式中,意为“不会看〔听〕不出来…”,后面可接名词、代词或以疑问词引导的从句。
- 构成否定, mistake有时可以不借助do〔does,did〕,如习语If I mistake not,尤其用在口语中。
He mistook me for my brother.他把我错当成我的兄弟了。When he saw me this morning, he tookme for my brother.他今天早晨碰见我时,他把我错当成我的兄弟了。
- mistake, error, fault, flaw
这四个词都有“缺点,错误”的意思。其区别是：1.fault, flaw主要指“毛病,缺点”; mistake, error主要指“错误”。2.fault多指性格、心智状态、情绪、行为或习惯中的“缺点”。例如:The dean demands perfection in others, but cannot see faults in himself.系主任要求别人完美无缺,却看不到自己的缺点。3.error可指任何错误,也可指笔误,印刷上或计算上的错误。例如:Please pardon any error that you may discover in my letter.请原谅在我的信中你发现的一些错误。This book contains a lot of printer's errors.这本书有很多印刷错误。4.mistake指判断或理解方面的错误,或是由于缺乏思考或疏忽而造成的错误。例如:I used your ink by mistake.我用错了你的墨水。He made some spelling mistakes in his test paper.在考试试卷中,他犯了拼写错误。
- It was a mistake to appoint her.
- It was a mistake appointing her.
- mistake, confound, confuse
这三个词的共同意思是“混淆”。它们之间的区别是：mistake强调产生进一步的后果或作出进一步的动作; confuse指由于未能区别两种类似的或有共同特点的事物而产生混淆; confound则通常强调由于思维混乱或愚笨而产生概念不清。
误 We have done many mistakes.
正 We have made many mistakes.
正 We have committed many mistakes.
误 I took his bag for mistake.
正 I took his bag by mistake.
析 by mistake的意思是“错误地”,其中的介词by不可换成其他的介词。
误 He made many mistakes on spelling in the composition.
正 He made many mistakes in spelling in the composition.
误 They are so alike that one is often mistaken as the other.
正 They are so alike that one is often mistaken for the other.
析 表示“错把…当作…”“误认为”时, mistake要与介词for搭配,而不与as搭配。
- ☆ 14世纪初期进英入语，直接源自古北欧语的mistaka，意为错误，小产。
- v.(动词) take
- mistake:mistake n. 错误, 过失v. 弄错, 误解, 把...误认为习惯用语and no mistake (强调上面所述)无疑地, 的的确确by mistake 错误地He who makes no…