any of several chemical elements that are usually shiny solids that conduct heat or electricity and can be formed into sheets etc.
a mixture containing two or more metallic elements or metallic and nonmetallic elements usually fused together or dissolving into each other when molten
cover with metal
- Various metals are used to make the parts of this machine.
- Metals are eroded by acids.
- Copper and gold are both metals.
- Metals undergo expansion when heated.
- Some metals weld better than others.
- Memory has been shown to reside in some metals.
- A clamping device of metal or wood, usually consisting of two jaws closed or opened by a screw or lever, used in carpentry or metalworking to hold a piece in position.
- Metals expand when they are heated.