- vt. 介绍；引进；采用；提出；提倡；放入
- vt. 介绍,引见 make known for the first time by telling the person's name to the other
- vt. 引进,提出 bring sth in
- vt. 实施 bring (new laws, etc.) into practice or use
- vt. 将…放〔插〕 put sth (into sth)
- vt. 作为…的开头 be a sign that (sth) is about to happen; signal the start of
cause to come to know personally;
"permit me to acquaint you with my son"
"introduce the new neighbors to the community"
bring something new to an environment;
"A new word processor was introduced"
"Insert your ticket here"
bring in a new person or object into a familiar environment;
"He brought in a new judge"
"The new secretary introduced a nasty rumor"
bring in or establish in a new place or environment;
"introduce a rule"
"introduce exotic fruits"
put or introduce into something;
"insert a picture into the text"
bring before the public for the first time, as of an actor, song, etc.
put before (a body);
furnish with a preface or introduction;
"She always precedes her lectures with a joke"
"He prefaced his lecture with a critical remark about the institution"
be a precursor of;
"The fall of the Berlin Wall ushered in the post-Cold War period"
- She introduced me to her friend.
- Excuse me, may I take the opportunity to introduce myself as an interpreter?
- Introduce new ideas into a business.
- And it must introduce democratic reforms.
- We will introduce legal safeguards against fraud.
- He introduced a motion to the Congress.
- Permit me to introduce myself.
- Let me introduce him. This is Mr. Turner, our American friend.
- It's my great pleasure to introduce tonight's speaker,Professor Lewis.
- She introduced a suggestion that the committee should meet every week.
- In February 1967, he introduced the Shipbuilding Industry Bill.1967
- He introduced some radical reforms.
- Farmers are introducing innovations that increase productivity.
- Our factory has introduced a number of advanced techniques this year.
- Space science has introduced many new words.
- Relative pronouns and adverbs introduce attributive clauses.
- A slow theme introduces the first movement.
- An enormous orchestral crescendo introduces the climax of the opera.
- I know your name, although we have never been introduced.
- The Bill will be introduced in the next conversation.
- He introduced Mary as his daughter.
- Kaplan introduced him as the government officer.
- introduce into (v.+prep.)
引进; 插入 put sb/sth inside sth or bring sb/sth into sth
introduce sb/sth into sth
He introduced the guest into the room.
She introduced me into the lobby.
You need a special tool to introduce the pipe into the hole.
Introduce the tube into that conduit, please.
Shakespeare always introduced some comic relief into his tragedies.
The Romans introduced roads into Britain.
Modern scientific inventions have introduced many new words into the language.
They introduced the subject into the conversation.
They intended to introduce investment and technology into the region.
The author introduced thieves' slang into his novel.
The educational bureau demands that all schools introduce a new course into the curriculum.
She was introduced into upper society.
A thin, hollow needle was carefully introduced into the patient's abdomen.
A small amount of alcohol was introduced into the mixture.
The people are still not very familiar with the machine as it has been introduced into the country only recently.
Tea was introduced into Europe from Asia .
Many fruits and vegetables have been introduced into Taiwan in recent years.
Buddhism was introduced into China about 67 AD.
Printing was introduced into Europe from China many years ago.
Gunpowder was introduced into Europe during the first half of the 14th century.
The police have a good idea how most of the cannabis that is introduced into the country gets past the Customs.
New technology from the West is being introduced into China.
Many cars are introduced into China from Japan.
New machines were introduced into the factory. As a result, not only were time and energy saved but production was greatly increased.
A Bill was introduced into the parliament yesterday.
- introduce to (v.+prep.)
把…介绍给; 使…了解 make known to or familiar with (sb else)
introduce sb/oneself/sth to sb/sth
I introduced John to Mary.
Let me introduce you to my friend Nancy.
The chairman introduced the lecturer to the audience.
Let me introduce myself to you.
He introduced me to the distinctions between the accents of Beijing and Tianjin people.
Who introduced you to the distinction between the accents of British English and American English?
She was asked to introduce her method to the other workers.
Mr. Bush will introduce you to the details of your work.
I introduced my cousin to the city by showing him the sights.
I shall always be grateful to my former teacher for introducing me to the study of language.
My father introduced me to the game of football.
This leaflet introduces you to social security.
It was my younger brother who introduced me to jazz.
The teacher introduced his young pupils to the intricacies of Euclid.
The teacher introduced the boy to the pleasures of reading.
The young man is introducing a new product to the public.
Tom's latest book may introduce some new ideas to the public.
The Arabs later introduced the compass to Europe.
Food companies introduce new products to the market.
The botanist introduced a new species of plant to the region.
He introduced a motion to the meeting.
I should like to be introduced to him.
Alice was introduced to Norman's friends.
They were introduced to the ambassador.
At a cocktail party in Hollywood,I was introduced to Charlie Chaplin.
I was first introduced to Hemingway by his novel Old Man and Sea .
I was first introduced to office politics on a most unfortunate occasion.
Born in the middle of London, he was introduced to politics as a child.
- introduce a bill 提交议案
- introduce a custom 引入某个习惯
- introduce a detective 介绍一名侦探
- introduce a guest 把客人带到
- introduce a key 把钥匙插入
- introduce a lady 介绍一名女士
- introduce a little alcohol 搀入一点酒精
- introduce a motion 提出一项动议
- introduce a needle 把针扎入
- introduce a new concept 引入新概念
- introduce a new course 开设一门新课
- introduce a new designs 采用新设计
- introduce a new fashion 采用新款式
- introduce a new method 采用新方法
- introduce a new subject 提出新论题
- introduce a new word 采用一个新词
- introduce a question 提出问题
- introduce a question for debate 提出一个问题供讨论
- introduce a radio programme 主持广播节目
- introduce a speech 开始讲演
- introduce a subject 引入正题
- introduce a television programme 主持电视节目
- introduce a tube 插入导管
- introduce acts 介绍节目
- introduce alternative 改换另一种
- introduce amendments 提出修正案
- introduce Buddhism to 把佛教传给
- introduce capital 引进投资
- introduce Christianity to 把基督教传到
- introduce coffee 引进咖啡
- introduce conditions 介绍条件
- introduce eggs 把卵细胞置入
- introduce investment 引进投资
- introduce many new words 采用许多新词汇
- introduce new elements 引进新的因素
- introduce new girlfriend 介绍新交的女朋友
- introduce new species 引进新物种
- introduce oneself 自我介绍
- introduce paper making 引进造纸术
- introduce technology 引进技术
- introduce the book 采用这本书
- introduce the boy to 把这个小伙子介绍给…
- introduce the class to 向全班同学介绍
- introduce the idea 介绍计划,提出办法
- introduce the law 提出这条法律
- introduce the lecturer 把报告人介绍给…
- introduce the pipe 插入管子
- introduce the two strangers 介绍这两个陌生人相识
- introduce tobacco 引进烟草
- introduce first 首次引进
- introduce advantageously 优先介绍,优先提出
- introduce carefully 小心地插入
- introduce casually 非正式地介绍
- introduce ceremoniously 有礼貌地介绍
- introduce commercially 商业性引进
- introduce decorously 规矩地引进,恰如其分地介绍
- introduce deliberately 审慎地实施
- introduce formally 正式介绍
- introduce perfunctorily 敷衍地介绍
- introduce quickly 迅速引进
- introduce simultaneously 同时引进
- introduce successfully 成功引进
- introduce unblushingly 无耻地提议
- introduce among 在…中传播
- introduce...as... 把…当作…,告诉…是…
- introduce a Bill before Parliament 向议会提交一项议案
- introduce a question for debate 把问题提交辩论
- introduce a new concept in architectural design 在建筑设计中引入一种新观念
- introduce into 将…插入…之中,把…介绍到或带入(某地),把…引入、加进…中
- introduce a guest into a parlour 把客人领进客厅
- introduce a bill into congress 向大会提出提案
- introduce a subject into the conversation 在谈话中提出一个话题
- introduce a tube into a patient windpipe 把一根管子插入病人的气管
- introduce irrelevancies into the discussion 在讨论中加进与题无关的内容
- introduce new methods into an industry 在某一行业中采用新方法
- introduce sb into a drawing room 把某人领进客厅
- introduce to 向…介绍…,使(某人)熟悉、认识(某事物)
- introduce a freshman to campus life 向新生介绍校园生活
- introduce a lecturer to an audience 把报告人介绍给听众
- introduce a speaker to an audience 把讲演者介绍给听众
- introduce sb to town life 让某人开始城市生活
- introduce with 用…作为…
The fourth member was..Liz,..introduced for reasons of utility.出自： G. Greene
- introduce是及物动词,接名词或代词作宾语,把自己介绍给别人时接反身代词。可用于被动结构。introduce的宾语后面接介词to时表示“向某人介绍”“把…介绍给某人”; 接介词into时,表示“传入”“引进”“采用”。
Allow me to introduce you my friend Mr Porter.
Allow me to introduce to you my friend Mr Porter.
Can you recommend to me a dictionary?
He introduced me to the dictionary.
- introduce, recommend
- 1.introduce的含义是介绍某人或某物本身,使其被认识; recommend的含义是介绍某人或某物的优点、长处,使其被采用。例如:
- He introduced the young man to the manager.他把那个年轻人介绍给了经理。
- He recommended strongly the young man to the manager.他极力向经理推荐那个年轻人。
- 2.recommend可用于“recommend sb sth ”句型,而introduce不能这样用。例如:
- The publishing house introduced a series of books to the public.那家出版社向公众推出一套丛书。
- The librarian recommended me a new novel.图书馆员向我推荐了一本新小说。
- introduce, present
- Let me introduce a new method of work to you.让我向你们介绍一种新的工作方法。
- The new employees were presented to the rest of the staff.新雇员被介绍给其余职员。
- 2.introduce适用于涉及的人在地位上彼此平等的场合; present则适用于涉及的人地位高低不等的场合。例如:
- He introduced the guests to each other.他介绍客人们互相认识。
- Freshmen are presented to the president of the college.一年级学生被介绍给学院院长。
- introduce, insert, interject, interpolate, interpose
- 这组词都有把“某(人)物插入其他(人)物之间”的意思。它们的区别是:introduce指插进原来没有的东西使其同原有部分成为一个整体; insert指把某物插入其他物体之间的固定的位置上; interpolate指插入与主题无关的或经过篡改、伪造的东西; interpose指插入起阻碍作用的人或物; interject指突然或有力地插入。例如:
- He introduces the pipe into the hole.他把管子插入孔中。
- He inserted the wooden peg into the hole.他把木钉插入孔眼。
- “I don't agree at all!”he interjected.“我根本就不同意!”他突然叫道。
- He interpolated a phrase about the growth of profits into the report.他在报告中加了一句关于利润增长的话。
- He interposed himself between them to stop them fighting.他挤进两人中间,阻止他们打架。
误 May I introduce you my old friend Mr. White?
正 May I introduce my old friend Mr. White to you?我可以把她介绍给你吗?
误 May I introduce her you?
正 May I introduce her to you?
析 表示“将某人或某事介绍给他人”,应该说introduce sb/sth to sb else 。我要求朋友们推荐一位善于诊治儿童病的医生。
误 I asked my friends to introduce a doctor who is good with children.
正 I asked my friends to recommend a doctor who is good with children.请给我介绍一本英汉词典好吗?
误 Will you introduce me an English-Chinese dictionary?
正 Will you recommend me an English-Chinese dictionary?
析 introduce 表示“介绍(某人与某人相识)”,若表示“推荐(某人,实物,工作,职位等)”应该用recommend。我被介绍给他所有的朋友。
误 I was introduced into all his friends.
正 I was introduced to all his friends.
- ☆ 15世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古典拉丁语的introducere。