- [U]〈英〉行李 the case, bags, boxes, etc. of a traveler
cases used to carry belongings when traveling
- All the luggage has been strapped up.
- He put his bag on the luggage rack.
- The porter was weighed down by all the luggage.
- How many pieces of luggage have you got?
- I've put your luggage on the train.
- hand luggage 手提行李
- luggage check〔office〕 行李检查〔房〕
Frieda and Helen and all their luggages had gone.出自： E. M. Forster
The bus had to..take the luggagesusually including a large trunksto the station.出自： Jo Grimond
- luggage, baggage, thing
- 1.thing所指的范围最大; baggage其次; luggage所指的范围最小。
- 2.luggage专指外出旅行时所带的“物品”; baggage是不论轻重大小的“行李”的通称; thing既可指广义上的“物品”或“行李”,有时也可指某些特定的东西,如衣服、杯盘等。例如:
- Each passenger is allowed 30 pounds of luggage free of charge.每个旅客可以免费携带行李30磅。
- They told him to unpack his baggage.他们叫他打开行李。
- Allow me a few minutes in which to pick up my things. 给我一点时间去收拾东西。
- 3.luggage和baggage一般是不可数名词; thing通常为可数名词。例如:
- He attached labels to his luggage.他把标签贴在行李上。
- How much does your baggage weigh?你的行李有多重?
- He left his things at my home.他把行李留在我家了。