- 卡住，塞住， 煞住
- vt. & vi. 锁住,锁上 fasten a door with a lock;become fixed
- vt. & vi. (使)固定 (cause to) become fixed, unable to move
- [C]锁 an apparatus for closing and fastening sth, usually, by means of a key
- [C]水闸,船闸 a stretch of water closed off by gates, especially on a canal, so that the water level can be raised or lowered to move boats up or down a slope
- [C][U](头发的)一缕 a small piece of hair
- a fastener fitted to a door or drawer to keep it firmly closed
- a strand or cluster of hair
- a mechanism that detonates the charge of a gun
- enclosure consisting of a section of canal that can be closed to control the water level; used to raise or lower vessels that pass through it
- a restraint incorporated into the ignition switch to prevent the use of a vehicle by persons who do not have the key
- any wrestling hold in which some part of the opponent's body is twisted or pressured
- fasten with a lock;
"lock the bike to the fence"
- keep engaged;
"engaged the gears"
- become rigid or immoveable;
"The therapist noticed that the patient's knees tended to lock in this exercise"
- hold in a locking position;
"He locked his hands around her neck"
- become engaged or intermeshed with one another;
"They were locked in embrace"
- hold fast (in a certain state);
"He was locked in a laughing fit"
- place in a place where something cannot be removed or someone cannot escape;
"The parents locked her daughter up for the weekend"
"She locked her jewels in the safe"
- pass by means through a lock in a waterway
- build locks in order to facilitate the navigation of vessels
- He chiseled a hole in the door to fit a new lock.
- Water went rushing through the lock gates.
- The ship was locked in the ice through the winter.
- Be sure to lock your bicycle.
- You should lock the jewels (up) in a safe.
- She locked her child in her arms.
- The ship locked into the canal.
The safe locks easily.
This trunk won't lock.
This suitcase won't lock because it is too full.
I can't control the car, the wheels have locked.
The wheel locked when he braked and the car skidded.
Be sure to lock the warehouse when you leave.
Race locked the door and took the key with him.
He locked the rear wheel of the bike to prevent it from being stolen.
The students locked arms and sang the school song.
We should avoid locking the stable door after the horse has been stolen.
The door was locked and we were unable to enter.
He pulled the door, but the door was locked.
One of the bedrooms was locked and a low moan came from it.
He had overlooked the fact that the back door was not locked.
Her jaws were tightly locked.
I have a secret safely locked in my breast.
This lock is damaged.This door will never open!
Something has gone wrong with the lock;it won't work.
He found the thieves were forcing the lock of the jewel case.
He lost his temper when he broke the key in the lock.
I can't force the key into this lock, it won't work.
She has a lock but she bought another one as an additional insurance against thieves.
Each drawer was fitted with a lock.
In ideological work, we must learn to open different locks with different keys because a method that answers with one person may not answer with another.
After the burglary she had all the locks changed.
The ship passed through a lock in a canal.
The lock keeper closed the lock gates.
She keeps a lock of his hair.
He gazed in the mirror at his greying locks.
- lock away (v.+adv.)
把(某物)锁起来 keep sth safe under lock and key lock sth ⇔ away
She locked her memories of him away in her heart.她把对他的怀念埋藏在心里。
This is too valuable to be left lying about, lock it away somewhere.这东西太贵重了,不能随处放置,找个地方锁起来。用于 be ～ed 结构
The prisoner is securely locked away.那个犯人已被监禁起来了。
Don't worry, the dangerous criminals have all been locked away.别担心,所有的危险犯人都已被关起来了。
- 把(某物)锁起来 keep sth safe under lock and key lock sth ⇔ away
- lock in1 (v.+adv.)
将(某人或某物)锁〔包围〕在里面 keep (sth, sb, or oneself) inside a building or container, with or as with a lock and key;surround sth
I locked him in by mistake. 我没留心,把他锁在屋里了。
The guard locked the prieonsrs in for the night. 看守把犯人监禁起来过夜。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
He's locked in and nobody knows where the key is. 他被反锁在屋里,没人知道钥匙在哪儿。
使固定 become fixed, unable to move
On the newer television sets, the colour is locked in so that you don't need to keep changing the control. 这些较新式的电视机的色彩已经调定,你不必老去动控制钮。
Money paid into this insurance contract is locked in until you die or stop working. 按这份保险合同的规定,交付的钱一直要冻结到你去世或不工作的时候。
- 将(某人或某物)锁〔包围〕在里面 keep (sth, sb, or oneself) inside a building or container, with or as with a lock and key;surround sth
- lock in2 (v.+prep.)
把…锁在…内 keep sb/sth safe under lock and key lock sb/oneself/sth in sth
Tom has locked himself in his room and refuses to speak to any member of the family.汤姆把自己锁在他的房间内,拒绝和家里任何人讲话。用于 be ～ed 结构
Although the jewels were locked in a strong box, the thieves stole them without any difficulty.尽管珠宝被锁在一个结实的箱子里,小偷还是毫不费力地把它们偷走了。
- 把…锁在…内 keep sb/sth safe under lock and key lock sb/oneself/sth in sth
- lock out (v.+adv.)
关在外边,不准(某人)进入… prevent sb, oneself, or sth from entering a room or building, with a lock and key lock sb/oneself ⇔ out
The management has locked the men out.资方封闭工厂,阻止工人进厂开工。
I locked myself out by mistake.我没留心,把自己锁在外面了。用于 be ～ed 结构
The men were locked out in response to their refusal to operate the new machines.作为对工人们拒绝操作新机器的回答,雇主不准他们进厂。
- 关在外边,不准(某人)进入… prevent sb, oneself, or sth from entering a room or building, with a lock and key lock sb/oneself ⇔ out
- lock up (v.+adv.)
将(某人或某物)锁住〔关押〕 keep sth safe under lock and key;prevent sb from escaping;put sb in prison or a hospital lock sb/sth ⇔ up
Will you lock up the house, please?请将房门锁起来,好吗?
He locked up the jewels in a box.他把珠宝放在箱子里锁好。
I always lock up my money in a strong box.我总是把钱放在一个结实的盒子里,锁好保管起来。
People usually lock up the house before they go to bed at night.人们通常在夜晚睡觉之前将房门锁好。
I can't imagine how the rain got in, because we had locked up all the windows tightly.所有窗户都关得很严实,我想象不到雨是怎么进来的。
They have locked up all their capital in that enterprise.他们已把他们的所有资本都滞压在那家企业了。
They have locked the prisoners up in their cell.他们已把犯人监禁在单身牢房里。用于 be ～ed 结构
She's crazy;she ought to be locked up.她疯了,应该关进疯人院。
He's been locked up for receiving stolen goods.他由于窝藏赃物而被关押起来。
When he became violent, the drunk was taken to the police station and locked up for the night.那个醉汉行凶,被带到派出所里关了一夜。
The idea is locked up in his brains.We know nothing.他把自己的想法藏在脑子里,我们一无所知。
All my money has been locked up in property for the last ten years.最近10年,我所有的钱都套死在房地产上了。
The idea of being locked up in jail filled her with horror.想到要被关进监狱,她充满恐惧。
- 将(某人或某物)锁住〔关押〕 keep sth safe under lock and key;prevent sb from escaping;put sb in prison or a hospital lock sb/sth ⇔ up
- lock, stock and barrel
The fire destroyed the house, lock, stock and barrel. 这场火彻底烧毁了这幢房子。
He turned them out lock, stock and barrel. 他把他们全部驱逐出去。
They decided to drop this foreign business in future lock, stock and barrel. 他们决定今后干脆不做这种外交上的交易了。
- 完全,全部 completely
- under lock and key
锁藏于建筑物〔集装箱、房间〕之中 in a locked building〔container,room〕
The judge said that the convicted criminal was a danger to society and should be kept under lock and key for the rest of his life. 法官说那个罪犯对社会是个危害,因此,必须将他关起来。
She would keep any sensitive documents under lock and key. 她总是把任何机密文件锁得好好的。
- 锁藏于建筑物〔集装箱、房间〕之中 in a locked building〔container,room〕
- lock automatically 自动地锁
- lock briefly 简洁地锁
- lock carefully 仔细地锁
- lock cautiously 小心地锁
- lock discreetly 慎重地锁
- lock half-heartedly 马虎地锁
- lock hastily 仓促地锁
- lock mechanically 机械地锁
- lock modestly 谨慎地锁
- lock nervously 紧张地锁
- lock prudently 谨慎地锁
- lock quickly 迅速地锁
- lock speedily 快速地锁
- lock staunchly 可靠地锁
- lock suspiciously 不放心地锁
- lock away 把…锁起来
- lock away the records 把记录锁藏起来
- lock in 将…锁在里面,把…包围起来
- lock out 将…锁在外面
- lock up 将…锁住,把(某人)关押起来
- break a lock 开锁
- change a lock 换锁头
- design a lock 设计锁
- fit a lock 安锁
- fix a lock 安锁
- force a lock 用力把锁撬开
- open a lock 把锁打开
- pick a lock (用非钥匙之物)撬锁
- put lock 装锁
- set lock 设置锁
- test lock 检测锁
- broken lock 破锁头
- crude lock 未加工的锁
- double lock (将钥匙转动两次的)双重锁
- shattering lock 破损的锁
- solid lock 牢固的锁头
- bushy lock 浓密的头发
- careless lock 乱蓬蓬的头发
- curly lock 鬈发
- dangling lock 摇晃的头发
- dense lock 浓密的头发
- disheveled lock 散乱的头发
- dripping lock 湿淋淋的头发
- fearful lock 吓人的头发
- flat lock 扁平的头发
- floating lock 漂动的头发
- flowing lock 光滑的头发
- glossy lock 光滑的头发
- golden lock 金发式的头发
- hoary lock 灰白的头发
- massy lock 长而浓密的头发
- obstinate lock 粗硬的头发
- raven lock 乌油油的头发
- scanty lock 稀少的头发
- shining lock 光亮的头发
- shorn lock 修剪过的头发
- silken lock 柔软光滑的头发
- snaky lock 弯曲的头发
- sparse lock 稀疏的头发
- stiff lock 硬挺挺的头发
- thin lock 稀疏的头发
- tumbled lock 杂乱的头发
- unruly lock 难梳理的头发
- whitened lock 变白了的头发
He wore his hair so long that his auburn locks almost touched his shoulders.出自：D. Carnegie
Long black locks streamed down her forehead.出自：J. Cary
Though this..hair was turning from grey to white, Mrs. Arbuthnot snipped off two locks.出自：E. Longford
He had new locks put on the doors.出自：D. L. Sayers
Her second diary..had..a lock, making it safer for private thoughts.出自：S. Quinn
The reformers locked up the church and departed with the keys.出自：Ld Macaulay
Then he closed, locked, bolted and chained the door.出自：G. Greene
误 She locked the door with a lock.
正 She locked the door.
析 “把门锁上”只需说lock the door,而无需再接with a lock。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的olc，意为锁。
- lock:lock n. 锁v. 锁, 锁上, 锁住 英英解释:名词lock:1. a fastener fitted to a door or drawer to keep it firmly closed2…